Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pid

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 31, 2012

A whimsical but difficult puzzle-platformer by Might & Delight, a studio formed by ex-employees of GRIN.

A Little Bit Of: Pid

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By lim_ak

Beams of light.

I'm not sure how I feel about this particular area I recorded, I haven't played much past whats in the video quite yet. But the first part of the game was definitely more platform heavy and getting around and avoiding traps like spikes. This part was significantly more enemy heavy, hopefully it's just because they were introducing the funnel and not a sign of things further on down the game. There's definitely a place for there to be enemies in the game but having this many just seems like overload.

That said I really enjoyed the more platform heavy puzzle nature of the game. If it goes in that direction and gives lots more of that with some enemies spread throughout that would be really awesome. That said the boss fight was kind of a slog, it didn't take me too long to complete it but again it felt more tedious than challenging. Throwing dozens of rockets at you when you aren't the most agile character in the world is kind of annoying. And there wasn't any sort of mid boss checkpoint just, hey you died now go back and do it over again. If you didn't have a body armour for it I expect that it would be a real pain to do. I'll probably play more of it, been a little bit busy doing other work stuff and otherwise not super up for playing something that requires actual thought or dexterity but hopefully I'll get round to it before too long.

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lim_ak

Beams of light.

I'm not sure how I feel about this particular area I recorded, I haven't played much past whats in the video quite yet. But the first part of the game was definitely more platform heavy and getting around and avoiding traps like spikes. This part was significantly more enemy heavy, hopefully it's just because they were introducing the funnel and not a sign of things further on down the game. There's definitely a place for there to be enemies in the game but having this many just seems like overload.

That said I really enjoyed the more platform heavy puzzle nature of the game. If it goes in that direction and gives lots more of that with some enemies spread throughout that would be really awesome. That said the boss fight was kind of a slog, it didn't take me too long to complete it but again it felt more tedious than challenging. Throwing dozens of rockets at you when you aren't the most agile character in the world is kind of annoying. And there wasn't any sort of mid boss checkpoint just, hey you died now go back and do it over again. If you didn't have a body armour for it I expect that it would be a real pain to do. I'll probably play more of it, been a little bit busy doing other work stuff and otherwise not super up for playing something that requires actual thought or dexterity but hopefully I'll get round to it before too long.

NyxFe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By NyxFe

The rest of the game (and certainly hard mode) is much more about puzzles than enemies, though often they mix both in to make it even more difficult. You also get more body armor later so it becomes a bit less brutal (except for the aforementioned hard mode, which is insane).  

Overall I thought it was an excellent game and nothing was really that difficult or frustrating. I probably spent longer on some puzzles than the bosses, and I have yet to get past a brutal puzzle near the beginning of hard mode. 

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lim_ak

@NyxFe: Good to hear I was definitely concerned that it wasn't going to be more puzzly in later levels but I look forward to playing more of it this weekend.

mastrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mastrein

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.