This game is GORGEOOOUUUSSS and so cute/charming.

#1 Posted by Aegon (5588 posts) -

I find myself looking at each scene, mesmerized by the picture before me. It's like a painting or something. Does giant bomb have an artistic category for best visuals/style/graphics of the year? Where would you rank this compared to other games of this year (in terms of looks)? It looked good in the quick look, but running on my comp in full screen....guh.

*drools*

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11927 posts) -
#3 Posted by two_socks (230 posts) -

Journey, son!

#4 Posted by ripelivejam (3935 posts) -

dust: an elysian tail *dons flame retardant gear*

#5 Posted by mastrein (10 posts) -

@Aegon said:

I find myself looking at each scene, mesmerized by the picture before me. It's like a painting or something. Does giant bomb have an artistic category for best visuals/style/graphics of the year? Where would you rank this compared to other games of this year (in terms of looks)? It looked good in the quick look, but running on my comp in full screen....guh.

*drools*

Thank you! It is a lot of blood sweat and tears behind it! It really warms my and our Art Directors heart! You can buy the deluxe edition on our site, that includes a lot of artwork and much more! http://www.pidgame.com/index.php?page=buy

#6 Edited by Aegon (5588 posts) -

@mastrein said:

@Aegon said:

*drools*

Thank you! It is a lot of blood sweat and tears behind it! It really warms my and our Art Directors heart! You can buy the deluxe edition on our site, that includes a lot of artwork and much more! http://www.pidgame.com/index.php?page=buy

You guys did a great job!!! I could tell a lot of thought was put into it.

#7 Posted by AssInAss (2645 posts) -

It's seriously the most beautiful game I've played this year, and that includes Journey.

@mastrein said:

@Aegon said:

*drools*

Do you know what the cubist and lighting style is inspired by? I haven't seen such a unique art style in a game before.

#8 Posted by mastrein (10 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

It's seriously the most beautiful game I've played this year, and that includes Journey.

Do you know what the cubist and lighting style is inspired by? I haven't seen such a unique art style in a game before.

Yes! It's inspired by dollhouses, theater / Broadway / opera scenery! When it comes to the design of the enemies, they are inspired by toys. Wooden and plastic. Also, it was important that you could instantly read from their looks what and how they acted. So you would know instantly the moving pattern of the enemy. The hats are also a part of that, they help you see what direction it's gonna move.

We only have one 3d artist, so the clean shapes and textures helped him create things more effective.

Thank you for the nice comments!

#9 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

I am really tempted to buy this game but I just have so many damn games on my Steam account it's hard to justify a game at full price. I am always curious what kind of art there are in games because you never really hear about these artistic style indie games. I did play through Giana Sisters and loved the artwork throughout the whole game.

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

So many great games, so little money.

#11 Posted by AssInAss (2645 posts) -

@mastrein said:

@AssInAss said:

Yes! It's inspired by dollhouses, theater / Broadway / opera scenery! When it comes to the design of the enemies, they are inspired by toys. Wooden and plastic. Also, it was important that you could instantly read from their looks what and how they acted. So you would know instantly the moving pattern of the enemy. The hats are also a part of that, they help you see what direction it's gonna move.

We only have one 3d artist, so the clean shapes and textures helped him create things more effective.

Thank you for the nice comments!

That is really fascinating to know!

Going over the design document in the deluxe edition seem to mention this too, cool stuff.

#12 Edited by mastrein (10 posts) -

@FrankieSpankie said:

I am really tempted to buy this game but I just have so many damn games on my Steam account it's hard to justify a game at full price.

@McGhee said:

So many great games, so little money.

We feel that 10+ hours game is worth 10$ so my recommendation is to download the demo and try it! The steam demo will be out any minute now! If you have an xbox you can download it.

@AssInAss said:

That is really fascinating to know!

Going over the design document in the deluxe edition seem to mention this too, cool stuff.

Thank you for buying the deluxe edition! Some stuff have been changed since the creation of that document, like the alarm mode etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.