Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pie

Object » linked to 121 games

A delicious pastry usually filled with various types of fruits or meats.

Is there a size limit on pies?

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zagzagovich

I'm trying to make a classic american cherry pie but since I live in Russia I have no Idea on how to do it. I found a recipie for the pie crust but it uses a glass pie bowl of some sort and I haven't seen such a thing in my entire life so instead I think about using a bigger metal thing that I think was a thermocooker back in the day or something like that. But there are some very drastic differenses there:
    1. It isn't shaped like a flat top cone
    2. It's made of metal
    3. It's bigger than a normal pie bowl.

Will this be suitable for a pie or will it somehow collapse under it's own weight like an owergrown insect?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

I think you can buy a pie crust already done in a tinfoil mold, and then you can put your apples in there, then cover it up somehow.  I have no idea how it works though.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

a pie is a pie no matter how big or small it is.
    actually if it's like the size of the palm of your hand it's a tart.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Alex_Murphy

The size doesn't matter, but If they specifically tell you to use glass it might be because metal would transfer too much heat and burn the crust. I looked around and found some for no bake crust recipes, so maybe that will help. But if the ingredients aren't that expensive you might want to experiment and see if the metal pan works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.