Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pikmin 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 29, 2004

Pikmin 2 continues the adventures of Captain Olimar as he returns to the planet he spent so long trying to escape. His mission: collect treasures to prevent his company from going bankrupt.

Pikmin 2 for the Wii (US)

BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BigLemon

Okay, so they re-released the first Pikmin for the Wii in the US, but when  have they done the same for the second one? I know I'm probably the only one that cares, but I actually liked this game when it came out. I was feeling nostalgic the other day and I really wanted to play it. Anyone have any news on this?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeF

took forever but it's coming THIS June (obviously as a preparation for Pikmin 3 on Wii U)

No Caption Provided

from Nintendo Power

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By TehFlan

Cool. Haven't played Pikmin 2. I'll probably pick it up.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeF

@Spadina said:

I remember Pikmin 2 very fondly, especially the crazy multiplayer mode. As much as I'm looking forward to 3, I'd love to see Nintendo put more resources into new Miyamoto fever dream IPs.

From what he said last year, that's exactly what's happening. He is definitely working on something original, not related to old franchises. I think that's also what they said when that "OMG he's retiring" confusion was spread. More Miyamoto-fever dreams coming to Nintendo hardware soon, I guess :)

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeF

@Spadina said:

@DeF said:

From what he said last year, that's exactly what's happening. He is definitely working on something original, not related to old franchises. I think that's also what they said when that "OMG he's retiring" confusion was spread. More Miyamoto-fever dreams coming to Nintendo hardware soon, I guess :)

Yeah, that was my impression as well, but I'll believe it when I see it (E3?). It did seem like his talents were being wasted working on derivative(ish) huge-team sequels and not new stuff.

Yea, as I understand he hasn't really been hands on with a game in forever and was only mainly managing all the teams and overseeing projects. Time for him to do some designing/directing again! :)

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GalacticPunt

What the hell? NoA is FINALLY releasing Pikmin 2 Wii in 2012? A few months after Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story? I wonder if Cammie Dunaway choked on a grape, so now Nintendo of America is finally free to release the real games that they've been sitting on for years.

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Dynablade

@GalacticPunt said:

What the hell? NoA is FINALLY releasing Pikmin 2 Wii in 2012? A few months after Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story? I wonder if Cammie Dunaway choked on a grape, so now Nintendo of America is finally free to release the real games that they've been sitting on for years.

Well since she left October 1st, 2010 I guess somethings had to happen lol.

I find it funny that the Wii Version of Pikmin 2 has taken this long to come here especially since its been out for a while in other regions. I probably will still get it though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.