Miyamoto On Pikmin 3 Wii U

#1 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -

Correction: The title may be called "Pikmin Wii U" rather than "Pikmin 3"

Miyamoto-san: 

"There are two sides to me today, the corporate side that wants to follow the precedent we set for E3 of not announcing any titles, and the creative side of me that wants to tell you we’re working on Pikmin"

A decision was made to move onto Wii U because he felt it was the perfect fit for the system, and would make good use of the "new graphics and the new controller".

According to Miyamoto-san, "It won't be too long" before it launches.

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Awesome. I can't wait. I wonder how they're incorporate the controller's screen. I can imagine it might have some very interesting uses for a game like Pikmin.

#3 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
Awesome. I can't wait. I wonder how they're incorporate the controller's screen. I can imagine it might have some very interesting uses for a game like Pikmin.

I'm guessing the new game will provide detailed views allowing you to zoom in and appoint specific Pikmin for certain tasks.

RTS games as a whole could be distinctly awesome on Wii U, not just Pikmin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.