Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pikmin

Franchise »

The Pikmin series followers recurring character Captain Olimar as he travels to a planet far from his homeworld, and how he utilizes indigenous creatures he calls Pikmin for their physical likeness to Pik-pik carrots.

Pikmin 3! Can't wait!

Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aska

I'm so excited for Pikmin 3.  Miyamoto said that they are infact "making Pikmin".  Since he said the original team is still there I hardly have any doubts about it not living up to the amazing first two games.

I can only imagine some of the awesome things they could do...

FluxMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FluxMage

I'm looking forward to it as well, but I'm gonna keep my excitement at a low until we actually get more information. The game is probably still early in development.

Which is why we didn't exactly get any more information about it at E3 then that it was being made.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By tec3297

Yeah, I heard they were working on this for the Wii or something.

legend_cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By legend_cloud

I never played a Pikmin game before but it soounds interesting.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Termite
    Thomas said:
    "Yeah, I heard they were working on this for the Wii or something.
    "
    Are you saying that I'll be able to flick my wrist to throw Pikmin? Rockin

Of course I don't have a Wii so I won't be able to, but I'll think about that and enjoy it
    epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By epic_pets

Yea, GOTY 09!!!

theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By theshadow027

I can't wait to play this, Pikmin 2 is one of my favorite games. Hopefully we get more info on this soon.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I hope this series is as good as people say. I didn't play the others.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Can't wait. I totally loved the original, and the sequel was great as well.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gizmo

Pikmin is OK, never really GOT IT.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Gizmo said:
    "Pikmin is OK, never really GOT IT."

I never got RTS games, until I played Pikmin.

I'm happy about the Play on Wii games but am also seriously pissed because here in the UK at least, it will be full fucking price. It's fucking scandalous man.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Might actually get a Wii for this

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Tarsier said:
    "Aska said:
    "I'm so excited for Pikmin 3.  Miyamoto said that they are infact "making Pikmin".  Since he said the original team is still there I hardly have any doubts about it not living up to the amazing first two games.

I can only imagine some of the awesome things they could do...
    "
    don't get your hopes up. it will probably be the exact same as pikmin 2."

BS, they are re releasing 1 & 2 on Wii, they are not gonna dish out a third game which is practically the same lol. I know this is Nintendo we are talking about here, but not even they would do that. Miyamoto will look to take the series to the next level, even if the Play on Wii games don't do that. Those are really only coming out so that the third game can have a large fanbase on Wii in place for it's arrival on the console.

Whatever he does with it I expect it to be equally creative aside from having new Wii controls. 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Pikmin 3? When was this announced?

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By SpinCookie

Miyamoto mentioned it in an interview after the mess of an E3 show.  He was like:

"You weren't happy with the Wii Music announcement, fine the Mario and Zelda teams are working, oh and Pikmin 3 is coming, is that better?"

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm still gonna have to say that I preferred the original Pikmin over Pikmin 2. Also, man... I hated how they changed the special unique abilities of the yellow Pikmin and just simplified them by making them only resistant to electricitiy. That always seemed like a lazy move to me. It's like what you would have expected from the yellow Pikmin all along, but with the original game Nintendo was clever and went the other way with them by making them use bomb rocks.

Oh, but yeah, can't wait for Pikmin 3. I hope it works okay with the Wii controller. I've seen some reviews of the New Play Control ports of Gamecube games to Wii with newly implemented Wii remote controls, and dude... the reviews have not been so pretty. All of them I've read have said that Nintendo kinda ruined these Gamecube games by forcing you to play them with the Wii remote.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "I'm still gonna have to say that I preferred the original Pikmin over Pikmin 2. Also, man... I hated how they changed the special unique abilities of the yellow Pikmin and just simplified them by making them only resistant to electricitiy. That always seemed like a lazy move to me. It's like what you would have expected from the yellow Pikmin all along, but with the original game Nintendo was clever and went the other way with them by making them use bomb rocks.

Oh, but yeah, can't wait for Pikmin 3. I hope it works okay with the Wii controller. I've seen some reviews of the New Play Control ports of Gamecube games to Wii with newly implemented Wii remote controls, and dude... the reviews have not been so pretty. All of them I've read have said that Nintendo kinda ruined these Gamecube games by forcing you to play them with the Wii remote.
    "

Could you please post a link  to these reviews, I have seen not seen any reviews where they say they have ruined the controls

I have seen these though:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-play-control-pikmin-review?page=2

-Only, of course, there has: its sequel. And this presents us with the biggest problem by far with this release. Pikmin 2 is also due a New Play Control! reissue this year, and it's a better game in every respect. It's longer and more sophisticated, with more varied Pikmin and enemy types; it has co-operative and competitive multiplayer; it has randomised caves with finite Pikmin numbers, ideal for the game's challenge mode; it has no time limit. It represents much better value, and we're hard-pressed not to recommend you hold off and buy that instead. That's almost a shame - because in truth, Pikmin is a minor classic, and this is the best version of it.

Eurogamer 7/10

They say it's the best version of the original. CVG say pretty much the same-

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=206732

CVG 8/10

New Pikmin Wii UK site:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/wii/new_play_control_pikmin_11210.html

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.