Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pikmin

Franchise »

The Pikmin series followers recurring character Captain Olimar as he travels to a planet far from his homeworld, and how he utilizes indigenous creatures he calls Pikmin for their physical likeness to Pik-pik carrots.

Pikmin 3, E309 No Show

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Speaking to Kotaku, Shigeru Miyamoto apologised for the lack of Pikmin 3 info at E309, but said that the game was still in development. Originally confirmed at E308, there have been few details released regarding Pikmin 3 since, and that continues...

Miyamoto:

I'm sorry [...] Unfortunately we haven't been able to expand the team size very much, because we've been working on so many different games that we've shown off at the show. So the team is working very hard, but it's a bit of a small team. [...] Of course [...] The basic work that they've been doing quite nicely.

Kotaku asked whether or not the team was working on a full new game:

"Yeah, and my basic idea is that the sense of the depth of the game and the simplicity of the control will all be there"

I get the impression Nintendo need to hire more developers, it seems they are being spread to thin by too many projects lessening the quality of some. Mario Kart Wii is a prime example of this for me. Anyway, I hope we see something soon.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Doubt they're spread too thin. On what games? All the BIG productions we actually know of are handled by 2nd or third partie it seems. Then Nintendo only works on Zelda, Pikmin, Mario, and the like, and the new casual brands Wii ___. It doesn't sound like your issues with MK have anything to do with that.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I bet there are a ton of projects they are working on that nobody has any idea about.

Mario Kart was clearly given to a second string team at Nintendo, for a game like MK, a one time AAA title to have to endure that indignity , it must of been because the bigger teams were working on better things, one thing being this game.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

Oh yeah, instead we got New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Galaxy 2 (let's not forget it's the first in years we see a sequel for mario).

HOORAH!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r
    ONMsaid:

ONM is at the BAFTAs! Miyamoto just told us Pikmin 3 development is "well under way".

Well, that's something at least.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Willy105

I think Pikmin 3 was just a thing Miyamoto said to damage control all the unexpected hate from the conference. He probably had it in his mind, but I bet it was at that very moment he decided to make it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho
    @Willy105 said:
    " I think Pikmin 3 was just a thing Miyamoto said to damage control all the unexpected hate from the conference. He probably had it in his mind, but I bet it was at that very moment he decided to make it. "
    Well it goes without saying, eventually, one day, NIntendo IP X will get another iteration probably (other than Star Fox and Kid Icarus, they're gone) so he's not lying when he says that. But if anyone chooses to interpret some vague proclamation into the game actually coming out within the next year and a half, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.