First screenshot of Project Eternity

#1 Posted by xxNBxx (973 posts) -

Here is the first screenshot of Project Eternity and it looks pretty dam good to me.

If you haven't checked it out yet the Kickstarter funding is already up to 2.6 mil with only a few days left.

#2 Posted by ripelivejam (3924 posts) -

nice bridge engine

#3 Posted by datarez (552 posts) -

That looks pretty amazing.

#4 Posted by BlackLagoon (1428 posts) -

Yeah, the character art didn't quite blow me away, but this looks fantastic. Hope the funding picks up again as the deadline approaches, those stretch goals look pretty nice.

#5 Posted by Rayeth (1040 posts) -

HELL.

YES.

I could totally lead a party on a quest over that bridge.

#6 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11715 posts) -

Yeah, I saw that screenshot and got very excited. It's nice to know they weren't lying when they said "We want to make it like Baldur's Gate"

#7 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

nice bridge engine

Think they use SpeedBridge™ ?

#8 Posted by Jimbo (9809 posts) -
@Rayeth said:

HELL.

YES.

I could totally lead a party on a quest over that bridge.

You must gather your party before venturing forth.
#9 Posted by CaLe (3981 posts) -

Holy shit. Now I'm extra glad I backed this.

#10 Posted by Abendlaender (2802 posts) -

HELL. YES.

#11 Posted by Christoffer (1815 posts) -

Looks great. Nice boat

#12 Posted by BlackLagoon (1428 posts) -

It's fascinating that they're actually using the same approach to backgrounds as the Infinity Engine RPGs - pre-rendered 3D landscape with the details painted in by 2D artists. It's clearly given them the ability to produce a distinctive look that can hold its own to projects with far higher budgets.

#13 Posted by xxNBxx (973 posts) -

yeah and with the newer tech it doesn't take them nearly as long to create it.

#14 Posted by TorMasturba (1094 posts) -

I was going to post about this image to get some peoples attention for the kickstarter, I'll go check some other forums!

#15 Posted by Fattony12000 (7402 posts) -

Holy shitting Christ.

#16 Edited by falling_fast (2218 posts) -

@xxNBxx said:

If you haven't checked it out yet the Kickstarter funding is already up to 2.6 mil with only a few days left.

it's probably a fair bit past that with paypal donations.

I'm super excited. if they make it past 3.5 million, they're adding a second big city, which would make this a bigger game than baldur's gate II, which kinda blows my mind.

#17 Edited by xxNBxx (973 posts) -

@damnable_fiend said:

@xxNBxx said:

it's probably a fair bit past that with paypal donations.

I'm super excited. if they make it past 3.5 million, they're adding a second big city, which would make this a bigger game than baldur's gate II, which kinda blows my mind.

I wonder why they don't show the total paypal donations. I thought it was all the same, if not then, maybe after the kickstarter time is up they will they announce the full amount raised on their website. If it is more then 3.5million it would only be right to add the kickstarter stretch goal content to the game.

#18 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

wow sure looks good.

#19 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Yeah but how are is the leaf physics

#20 Posted by yoshisaur (2716 posts) -

Gorgeous. Let's hope the entirety of the game holds up to that standard.

#21 Edited by believer258 (11891 posts) -

$20 says it's pre-rendered, like the old Final Fantasy VII backgrounds.

EDIT: OK, it does look nice but I won't hold my breath until I see it moving.

#22 Edited by Scorch (59 posts) -

Yes it's pre-rendered, it's suppose to be. Artists go in and touch it up by hand, and then they add in moving textures and effects like moving water, swaying trees, butterflies, etc.

It's how games like Baldur's Gate or Diablo were made.

#23 Posted by BoG (5188 posts) -

This looks spectacular. I just read over all that has changed since I stopped following the project, and I'm really excited. I hope that the funding reaches 3.5 million so that they add that second city. Go give them money, everyone.

#24 Posted by Genkkaku (735 posts) -

This just reminded me to Pledge, because I forgot to do it earlier.. Also that screenshot is awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.