How much did you guys pledge ?

#1 Posted by talkingtoast (85 posts) -

I pledged 70 bucks. The $50 tier plus the expansion. I was kinda interested in the novella, and I wanted to support the project more than the 45 for the game + xpac.

How about you guys ?

#2 Posted by Giantstalker (1538 posts) -

Eighty, but I had no idea there was an expansion pack planned.

#3 Posted by Ben_H (3315 posts) -

Pledged $20 on day one for the earlybird thingy. I forgot to change it for the expansion pack so if I like the game I'll just get that separate.

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Nothing, but I would have pledged a thousand if I could.

#5 Posted by medacris (645 posts) -

I could only afford one Kickstarter right now, so I went with Wasteland 2, but I've been keeping tabs on Project Eternity, and will probably check it out when it ships. I wish those guys the best of luck, and here's hoping the game turns out awesome.

#6 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

25 dollars.

I said Obsidian would have my money when the time came. I never break my word.

'sides, I kind of owe it to them after pirating pretty much all of their games at one point or another. I bought them later!

For Steam sale prices

We're even now, god dammit! Now, hopefully, if I ever end up in the same room as them, I can look them in the eye without panicking and jumping out the nearest window.

#7 Posted by talkingtoast (85 posts) -

@Terramagi: I GUESS that makes it okay :P

Well, good job for ponying up for them when it meant the most.

#8 Posted by Iron_Tool (215 posts) -

What is this? A bragging contest?

Who cares what anyone pledged. Let's hope this game will become reality so we can all enjoy it. That is what matters!

#9 Posted by talkingtoast (85 posts) -

@Iron_Tool: I think it's interesting to see what Giant Bomb community pledged-- looks like a decent amount of people are prepared to explain how much they did.

If this thread doesn't interest you, though, feel free to not tell us how much you pledged.

#10 Posted by Delta_Ass (3255 posts) -

Nothing. I don't believe Obsidian makes good games.

#11 Posted by BaneFireLord (2913 posts) -

Nothing. I'll buy it if it reviews well.

#12 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

I went for $20. Loved a lot of those old black isle (and later Troika) games, but that seems approriate for the scale of the project it is funding. But then again, I've not put down more than $48 (and that has only happened with Wii U Nintendo game pre-orders) for a game in years. My strategy is usually to buy a relatively large number of titles and write off the ones I end up disliking, since I have such a tough time figuring out if I will like anything even with demos - so $20 is a decent committment to me.

At this point I've put in for a decent number of kickstarters, and its going to be interesting which ones grab me enough to crawl out of the back log. This one is hopefully one of them, but if it does not incorporate any newer game options then it might not make it.

#13 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

$35 for the HD documentary download.

#14 Posted by Karkarov (3005 posts) -

I pledged considerably more than I should have. But then again I also have liked every Obsidian game I have ever played so i sort of wanted to support them on this one too.

#15 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

$1200049.97

#16 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

25, i got in it late, and i wanted the game. I might have pledge more, but i figure that since i already jump in for the double fine game and wasteland 2, that i better not over do it with the pledging, since i haven't actually gotten anything out of it yet.

#17 Posted by BelligerentEngine (344 posts) -

Some how I managed to completely miss this whole thing occurring despite Obsidian being my favorite developer and this being my favorite type of game. I think it's about the only time in my life I'll felt fucked over for missing the opportunity to donate to something lol.

#18 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1395 posts) -

It could suck, so nothing.

#19 Posted by JaredA (820 posts) -

I pledged $25. I think it was the minimum amount to be able to get the full game, and I could really go for a brand new CRPG!

#20 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

$50. Started at $35 but up it to 50 for the novella and the lorebook.

#21 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@BelligerentEngine said:

Some how I managed to completely miss this whole thing occurring despite Obsidian being my favorite developer and this being my favorite type of game. I think it's about the only time in my life I'll felt fucked over for missing the opportunity to donate to something lol.

Good news!

Paypal is still open.

Bad news!

It's Paypal.

#22 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Nothing. But it's great that people are willing to thrown down fat stacks for Obsidian, and I hope they make an awesome RPG. I'll be all over it when it comes out.

#23 Edited by falling_fast (2190 posts) -

$165. it seemed like the sweet spot, considering I didn't have any money when the wasteland 2 kickstarter was going on.

this is the only kickstarter I've ever contributed to.

#24 Posted by Octaslash (490 posts) -

$140. Why save up for a car when I can get a cloth map and a sweet patch?

#25 Posted by Grillbar (1798 posts) -

0,- never heard of it and yes i do live under a rock thank you for asking

#26 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11492 posts) -

$20. Because I am a student and I really like a lot of what Obsidian does, despite all of their games being buggy messes and despite my noted dislike of both Alpha Protocol and KotOR 2. They're easily some of the best writers in the industry and they deserve better than to keep making sequels to other companies' IP and then being forced by publishers to release their games early. New Vegas is far superior to Fallout 3 in pretty much every aspect as far as I am concerned.

#27 Posted by xxNBxx (970 posts) -

25 at first then 20 more later to add on the xpac.

#28 Posted by zombie2011 (4969 posts) -

Nothing.

Obsidian makes broken games, and i've bought two of them so i'm not gonna fall for it a 3rd time.

#29 Posted by BelligerentEngine (344 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

@BelligerentEngine said:

Good news!

Paypal is still open.

Bad news!

It's Paypal.

Whelp! Then it's time to make some lemonade that tastes vaguely of piss with those lemons.

#30 Posted by HarlechQuinn (444 posts) -
#31 Posted by iceman228433 (598 posts) -

110$

#32 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

At first $30 but then I moved to the $65 then accounting for shipping I ended at $130

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.