Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pillars of Eternity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 26, 2015

Pillars of Eternity is Obsidian Entertainment's isometric, party-based RPG set in the new fantasy world of Eora.

Online CoOp? (old thread)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dtat

From the page on Giant Bomb it appears this game has online coop. Has anyone tried it? This is the kind of game I'd like to play with a friend online.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

That is incorrect, Pillars is single player only.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah this game is as single player as it gets, if it is flagged as having co op in the wiki it is a mistake.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's too bad. It'd have been cool if there was co-op like in Icewind Dale. Watching Dave and Ian play through together would have been cool.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Aww bummer. I thought that might be the case.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Speaking personally, none of the Inifinity Engine games have been great co-op experiences. You need to be able to take the time to read conversations and narratives. You want the ability to pause the game to give out orders without annoying a second player, or being annoyed by their pausing. I don't see how this would be anything like a decent multiplayer experience.

mattdonatelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund just wanted to say that my brother and I co-oped Baldur's Gate II back in the day and loved every minute of it. We did have the benefit of being in the same room though, so that helped us coordinate. Would love to have it as an option in this game, as Pillars truly seems to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, much more so than Divinity: Original Sin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.