Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pinball FX2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2010

The second in Zen's line of virtual pinball collections, with a free-to-play shell that allows anybody to try out the available tables. Over 75 tables were released, most of it based on popular licenses.

How exactly is this game free?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

Everywhere I read about this game I keep seeing it being referred to as free but I tried it out and EVERYTHING is paid. You need to buy every single thing in this game yet the internet still insists this game is free? Am I missing something or is it maybe just not free in my country Canada?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BonOrbitz

I think the architecture to play it on is "free." Make a few table purchases, though. It's worth it!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

The Pinball FX2 hub is what's free, from there you can import the stuff from Pinball Fx1 (if you have bought those) and/or buying the tables from Pinball Fx2. I thought that they really learned a lot on this sequel & made the tables, especially the Marvel tables quite fun for Pinball Fx2.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akrid

Just hit that overview button over there and it'll tell you that only the "Shell" is free, you still have to buy the tables to actually play.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Oh. That's weird... kind of misleading but whatever. I'm not sure if I'm into pinball THAT much...

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By quinistheman

I thought they had one table free. Not so?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
    @quinistheman: I found a thread regarding that but the link leads to a nonexistant Xbox.com website so I'm guessing they took it down.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @quinistheman said:
    I thought they had one table free. Not so?
    When they first released Pinball FX 1, it had three tables.  Then they added a fourth table for free, but only for people who bought the first set of three.  When PBFX2 was released, any PBFX1 tables you bought were updated and made available as free downloads for PBFX2.

It's actually really impressive that they handled all of this so nicely.  Can you imagine buying Modern Warfare 3, and being able to download updated and better looking versions of all the maps that were in Modern Warfare 2?  Most game companies just don't do things like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.