Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pinball FX2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2010

The second in Zen's line of virtual pinball collections, with a free-to-play shell that allows anybody to try out the available tables. Over 75 tables were released, most of it based on popular licenses.

My Custom Pinball FX2 Controller - WIP

Spellbot5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Spellbot5000

Hey everyone, check out my lastest project! After getting totally sucked in to Pinball FX 2, I decided to build a custom XBox 360 controller just for pinball.

These are just some shots of test fittings and playability of the case overall. The case itself is built with Poplar. The fit isn't perfect yet, but this is literally the first time since high-school woodworking class that I've done anything beyond cutting a board in half. Some rough sanding with a palm sander should get everything a little more pretty. It will sit on my lap as I play, and I can slap the side buttons for the flippers. You might notice I incorporated the right thumbstick, letting it poke out of a hole to act as the "plunger". I wanted to do something with the left stick and keep it's table-bump function, perhaps attaching weights to it so it would move when you bumped the whole box, but confines are so tight where the pad is mounted that it just wasn't feasible. Luckily in the game you can switch the table-bump function to the D-Pad, and those buttons are right within thumb-reach from the left flipper button. I still need to finish the case in black, then get some art under plexi at the top, and then some chrome edge-protectors and ball-corner protectors on the very top edges.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

This is awesome.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Phr4nk0
    @get2sammyb said:
    "This is awesome. "

If I had one of these I might actually play some videogame pinball, something about not smashing buttons on the side of a big box takes all the fun out of pinball for me.
    Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Berserk007
    http://www.giantbomb.com/pinball-fx2/61-32513/pinball-fx2-friendly-leaderboard-competition-whos-in/35-464072/?page=4
      Sweet... if you are intrested we have a competition at the above link just send a friend request
    liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By liquid3600

Pretty boss.  Being able to have some bump function would rule, but given the circumstance it still looks pretty rad.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By karatetron

Sick!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

Nice! Where did you get the concave buttons?

Spellbot5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spellbot5000

The larger buttons are standard Happ Pushbuttons, and I purchased them from Lizard Lick Amusements. They're one of the top dealers for arcade parts in the US, and I highly recommend them. I used them before when I created a custom Street Fighter 4 joystick, and their service is great. The smaller buttons are all Sanwas.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Sin4profit

hells yeah! that's the good stuff! 
    yeah, i want to take a wired 360 controller and turn it into an arcade control panel with button on the side for pinball.  
    kinda like my X-arcade tank stick but without having to put the obscene adapter links between it and the xbox.

Spellbot5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spellbot5000

I know eh. People waited so long for X-Arcade to get a 360 adapter, and when they finally come out with it, it's this giant multi-pronged monstrosity that's more trouble than it's worth.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By beej
    @Spellbot5000: Incredible work sir.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Skald

Ooh, neat.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By rjaylee

That's absolutely crazy, nice work. It doesn't look easy to use when it comes to controlling the ability to shake/bump the machine though.

EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

Nice idea and the wiring looks pretty solid but artwork? Happ buttons fit well and the lit coin slot is a nice touch but man that wood is a sight for sore eyes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.