New "Paranormal" table will be FREE Oct 26th - Nov 2nd

#1 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (4212 posts) -

As Zen Studios have explained on their own forum:

Hi Everyone! Yes, Paranormal will be a FREE download for one week only. It's a bit of a 1 year Pinball FX2 anniversary celebration, and we really wanted to say "thanks" for all of the support over the past year.
Once you download the table it is yours FOREVER.
The FREE download period is Oct 26 - Nov 2.
If you have friends who are experiencing Pinball FX2 for the first time, please make sure they download the FREE Pinball FX2 platform from Marketplace when they download Paranormal.
Once again, thank you all for supporting Zen Studios. It's been a great year for us and we are happy to give something back to you, our fans.

Major Nelson has also announced this fact here: http://majornelson.com/2011/10/18/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-12/

Happy Halloween, everybody!

#2 Posted by fox01313 (5175 posts) -

So great to hear this & other new tables coming soon. Too bad that this came in the time of when instead of a summer drought of games, it came in the season when here's a big name game/sequel every damn week. Still will enjoy playing this when waiting on things to download on XBLA. Thx.

#3 Edited by gike987 (1811 posts) -

I own every table released so far so this is great. Best game to play when you got some time to kill but don't want to play a disc-based game.

#4 Posted by Cincaid (3048 posts) -

@gike987 said:

I own every table released so far so this is great. Best game to play when you got some time to kill but don't want to play a disc-based game.

I could not agree more! I also have all the tables, and it's so great to just fire up the game every now and then and "relax", hehe.

Awesome that the new table will be free, anyone else who will be playing it today?

#5 Posted by louiedog (2381 posts) -

Here's a link to the free table.

#6 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4212 posts) -

Let's keep this bumped so lots of people can see it. FREE XBLA PINBALL TABLE, people! Don't let it pass you by.

#7 Posted by Cincaid (3048 posts) -

New table was alright (and free!), definitely better than the previous one. Got the three achievements in a couple of tries. :)

#8 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4212 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

New table was alright (and free!), definitely better than the previous one. Got the three achievements in a couple of tries. :)

Better than the previous one? You mean Sorcerer's Lair? I think that might be my favorite table they've ever done, and it's easily my favorite stand-alone table, right behind Mars and Excalibur.

#9 Posted by Cincaid (3048 posts) -

@SpaceInsomniac:

Yeah, Sorcerer's Lair. :)

For some reason that table just didn't nudge me the right way, I preferred the Marvel tables the most personally. Maybe I should put some more time on the Sorcerer's Lair again, and I should definitely play more Mars as well.

#10 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4212 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

@SpaceInsomniac:

Yeah, Sorcerer's Lair. :)

For some reason that table just didn't nudge me the right way, I preferred the Marvel tables the most personally. Maybe I should put some more time on the Sorcerer's Lair again, and I should definitely play more Mars as well.

Once you've earned an extra ball from a six-way combo, and understand how to complete the missions, things really start to click.

#11 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4212 posts) -

Bump for the price of FREE.

#12 Posted by pantzing_nome (601 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, I'm downloading the table now.

#13 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4212 posts) -

STILL FREE, but not for much longer.

#14 Posted by ProfessorEss (7674 posts) -

Thanks for the info.

#15 Posted by FesteringNeon (2225 posts) -

Wish Sorcerer's was free on Zen Pinball.. that's the only one I don't have (for ps3)

Are they even doing anything for ps3?

#16 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

Isn't the game free too, or am I just making that up?
 
I like free games.

#17 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4212 posts) -

@FesteringNeon said:

Wish Sorcerer's was free on Zen Pinball.. that's the only one I don't have (for ps3)

Are they even doing anything for ps3?

This is the one year anniversary of Pinball FX 2. That is why they're doing something special with their Xbox game, but not their PS3 game.

@LordXavierBritish said:

Isn't the game free too, or am I just making that up? I like free games.

Yes, both the platform and this table are free. Even if you've never spent a dime on Pinball FX 2, you can still download a FREE pinball table and the game to play it with. This is Including FREE achievements, so go download this right now!

#18 Posted by FesteringNeon (2225 posts) -

@SpaceInsomniac: Cool thanks for the notice on the shaft to PS3 owners. Thought Zen was a bit more thoughtful than that. I get it in this case, but I'm pretty sure there's been a couple anniversaries gone and past, on this end.

#19 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4212 posts) -

@FesteringNeon said:

@SpaceInsomniac: Cool thanks for the notice on the shaft to PS3 owners. Thought Zen was a bit more thoughtful than that. I get it in this case, but I'm pretty sure there's been a couple anniversaries gone and past, on this end.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, 360 users are still waiting for that Ninja Gaiden table, or any of the core Zen Pinball tables.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.