Pinball FX 2 is coming. Download a FREE table TODAY!

#1 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3578 posts) -

Okay, here's the deal: Pinball FX 2 is coming October 13th. It is a FREE download, and tables will be sold individually. There are four brand new tables that will be sold as a pack for 800 points, or you can buy them individually. You will also be able to import tables from the original Pinball FX for free. They will look and play even better, and be compatible with the new features of Pinball FX 2.

Now, here's the important part. When Pinball FX was originally released, there were three tables included. To get players used to the idea of downloading extra tables, a pirate themed fourth table called Buccaneer was made available for free. As of right now, IT'S STILL FREE, and can be downloaded at the link below.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410834/ 

It's unknown if the Buccaneer table will remain free once Pinball FX 2 is released, but it most likely will not. Get it now to ensure that you have a free table that you can enjoy with your free game.

On another note, the first Pinball FX was already pretty darn good, and I'm really glad to see they're only charging 800 points for the new tables, so I'll quite likely pickup the full package if I'm happy with the updates to the platform. Perhaps, after playing a while on a free table, you'll feel the same. 

#2 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3578 posts) -

I thought I'd bump this, seeing as it will likely be only available for a limited time.

#3 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

Right now, that free table is not available anymore. For what I saw both on the Xbox Website and on the Xbox Marketplace on the console, they have removed the first game completely. It's like the second game, Pinball FX 2, become the main game (or hub) for both games. This might also be a way to revamp the way the first game worked, by using the previous table as content (levels) only. 

Even by going into your download history and trying to re download the Pinball FX (1) Demo does not work. It says the content is no longer available. The first game was not delisted but removed it seems...

#4 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@CharleyTony said:
" Right now, that free table is not available anymore. For what I saw both on the Xbox Website and on the Xbox Marketplace on the console, they have removed the first game completely. It's like the second game, Pinball FX 2, become the main game (or hub) for both games. This might also be a way to revamp the way the first game worked, by using the previous table as content (levels) only.  Even by going into your download history and trying to re download the Pinball FX (1) Demo does not work. It says the content is no longer available. The first game was not delisted but removed it seems... "
There is still a listing for it on xbox.com, but there's no button to click to purchase it. That is weird. I understand the reasoning, because the sequel is free and all of the content works with it. However, it really sucks for anyone who wanted to redownload it and go for any achievements they missed.
#5 Posted by SMTDante89 (2552 posts) -

I think you can download the first game through the second.  Just start the game up and try to play one of the original tables from the first game and it will prompt you to either download a trial or the full game for 800 MS Points.
#6 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@SMTDante89 said:

" I think you can download the first game through the second.  Just start the game up and try to play one of the original tables from the first game and it will prompt you to either download a trial or the full game for 800 MS Points. "

You're right. There is a listing for it on xbox.com under Pinball FX 2. They're calling it Pinball FX Classic. Trial.

Edit: Scratch that. They're just calling it a table pack, and it includes the previously free table.
#7 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@CharleyTony said:
Even by going into your download history and trying to re download the Pinball FX (1) Demo does not work. It says the content is no longer available. The first game was not delisted but removed it seems... "
I was just wondering if you tried to download it from your history on the console or on xbox.com. After the redesign I know some people have been having trouble downloading promotional or delisted items from xbox.com, but it works fine using the download history on their console.
#8 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -
@louiedog said:
" @CharleyTony said:
Even by going into your download history and trying to re download the Pinball FX (1) Demo does not work. It says the content is no longer available. The first game was not delisted but removed it seems... "
I was just wondering if you tried to download it from your history on the console or on xbox.com. After the redesign I know some people have been having trouble downloading promotional or delisted items from xbox.com, but it works fine using the download history on their console. "
Yeah I just found it and download the old trial of  "Pinball FX (1)" with my console, so you could get your game back if you deleted it. But be aware that checking your crowded Download History on the console is not user friendly a all. It is a list that does not have dates to help you find stuff.  
If you downloaded the demo / trial the week it came out, you should scroll for a long time to see it. What helped me is that since it was released in April of 2007, I fast-scrolled while glancing at the list. So my personal tip is that you should check out sports games and E3 videos in that list, they should give you an idea of where you are at in that list... (the game was released before E3 2007, so it should be lower than those videos)
#9 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3578 posts) -

Because of the way they did the table import, I'm not really sure if my original free table suggestion would work, even for those who downloaded the stand alone table when it was available.  If anyone does get it to work, let me know.  If I had the power to do so, I'd change the thread title.  

On the upside, the game is AWESOME, and the trial versions should easily allow players to decide if they want to spend money on any of the tables.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.