The potential of PFX2

#1 Posted by Sin4profit (2906 posts) -

I am a huge pinball fan, virtually, physically, i'll take it anyway i can get it. Pinball FX 2 excites me for the possibilities it could have. 

As a free hub for future pins, do we think there's a possibility that PFX2 may license and release classic tables as well as their own original tables?
Could they take multiplayer even further with challenges and more competitive pinball modes?
Could they do the sub achievement system found in the Williams Pinball classics collection?
Could they re-release Pinball Quest or make their own variation on that idea?

Video pinball, these days, has so much potential to spread out and experiment and i hope eventually we'll see more of it.

All in all, pinball is like a quote from a movie,that i can't remember, that likens pizza to sex, in that even if it's bad it's still pretty good. And i want more of all of these things.

#2 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

I'd like it if they went to Williams & Gottlieb as well as the other pinball makers to get their tables up on this as it'd be a great way to bring so many of these tables back to life. Admittedly the movie/tv licensed titles would be harder to get, so many of the rest I'd imagine not being that hard to do. Pinball FX (first one) proved that they did a good job on recreating the physics & table mechanics so most of it would be just importing a lot of the art/sound to it.  

The superscore, friend scores & multiplayer aspects of this remind me a lot of what was done with Game Room & what I was wanting Game Room to do (getting away from Intellivision/2600 games & putting in virtual pinball & more arcade titles). So far out of the box along with the ability to import the tables from the first one, the only bad thing I can say about this sequel is a slight disappointment in not carrying over high scores from the first one but aside from that it's a great title to pick up & hopefully there will be more pinball tables released on this XBLA game.

#3 Posted by quinistheman (150 posts) -
@fox01313 said:
"

the only bad thing I can say about this sequel is a slight disappointment in not carrying over high scores from the first one but aside from that it's a great title to pick up & hopefully there will be more pinball tables released on this XBLA game.

"
It's probably because the scoring on some tables changed. Between that and the new physics it would be a little apples and oranges.
#4 Posted by Sin4profit (2906 posts) -
@fox01313: 
yeah i noticed the high scored didn't carry over as well. I also remember The speed machine table being more lit up...i use to be good at that table.
But yes, i think they've done a great job with the scoring system and tracking your friend's scores. 
If they work on classic tables then they could probably add tables on a regular basis, i don't expect it to be once a week but i'd like to see them come in pretty regularly.

As the other forum under this game says, i also bought into the "push" and bought all the tables i could. For some reason i can't buy the Street Fighter 2 table...i can DL and play the trial but i can't buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.