Any plans for XBLA?

#1 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1669 posts) -

I was looking at the trailer on steam, and I was thinking this could be a good game for the Arcade! I'm just curious, are there any plans to put this on there? If they are I want to hold off until that one comes out!

#2 Posted by PhantomGardener (471 posts) -

I belive the creator of the game himself has said that there wont be any xbla/psn release of this game.

#3 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1669 posts) -

Well that's a real shame, it seems like it could have been so good! I guess devs have reasons, and usually good ones for staying away from microsoft and sony...

#4 Edited by Seastalk (123 posts) -

The game is good. I don't see why you don't want to purchase it on Steam. If you want to play with a controller; plug one in...

#5 Posted by Mnemoidian (961 posts) -

Well, according to this, he says:

NOTE: this game is single-player and PC only- I am looking at ways to get it onto other platforms though!

So I guess it could happen? But yeah, seems like a good match - even if it plays very well on the PC as well. Lovely chiptune beats :)

#6 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1669 posts) -

@Mnemoidian said:

Well, according to this, he says:

NOTE: this game is single-player and PC only- I am looking at ways to get it onto other platforms though!

So I guess it could happen? But yeah, seems like a good match - even if it plays very well on the PC as well. Lovely chiptune beats :)

It does play well on the PC, definitely needs a little work though, since I seem to need to navigate menus with the mouse thus far.

@Seastalk said:

The game is good. I don't see why you don't want to purchase it on Steam. If you want to play with a controller; plug one in...

eh I was going to wait and get it on XBLA purely for Xbox achievements, because I'm cool like that. But, I bought it earlier today and gave it a shot, I'm really enjoying it. I knew it would be at least some-what controller friendly. Sorry for asking a question though man, won't let it happen again.

#7 Posted by Seastalk (123 posts) -

You weren't actually asking a question though. From the tone of your comments it seemed that you already made up your mind and that you would not purchase the game because it was on another platform. Also you said this "Well that's a real shame, it seems like it could have been so good!"

So because it's not on a console it's not going to be good or great?

There are plenty of games that do not exist on consoles that are excellent games. I don't see how the platform influences the quality.

#8 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1669 posts) -

@Seastalk said:

You weren't actually asking a question though. From the tone of your comments it seemed that you already made up your mind and that you would not purchase the game because it was on another platform. Also you said this "Well that's a real shame, it seems like it could have been so good!"

So because it's not on a console it's not going to be good or great?

There are plenty of games that do not exist on consoles that are excellent games. I don't see how the platform influences the quality.

I was far too abbreviated; as, in my first post I stated that "this could be a good game for the Arcade." I guess I was re-iterating that statement, but you failed to notice because it wasn't very clear at all. I wasn't saying that it wouldn't be a good game on or off the arcade, I was simply saying I would have gotten it on XBLA instead if it was being released in the near future(again, not established). As for not asking a question, so my thread title doesn't count as the posed question? I'll be sure to write my thread title in my actual thread content next time so that way I'm actually asking a question then....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.