3.5 stars 3.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 3 releases and 0 DLC

Sadistically punishing, to the point of not being fun 0

I absolutely love the first PixelJunk Shooter. It was an excellent blend of lighthearted shoot-em-up with great music, great puzzles, and an entertaining atmosphere. This sequel is a lot less fun. The new gameplay elements aren't a lot of fun, and that is for one reason, in particular – the game's brutal, punishing, and often unfair difficulty level. This wouldn't be so bad, were it not for another inexcusably bad feature of the game – limited lives. In other words, if you die enough, you no lon...

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Mostly Good 0

PixelJunk Shooter was one of my favorite downloadable titles from 2009, I finished it in a matter of days and couldn't wait for some kind of content pack of some sort. So, a bit more than a year later, when PixelJunk Shooter comes around, I was super excited to mess around the fluid dynamics that made the series so great.PixelJunk Shooter 2 actually has a subtitle, "The Belly of the Beast". The first world is very much about being inside a living creature. There is purple acid (main ingredients:...