Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PixelJunk Shooter

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 10, 2009

The fourth PixelJunk release, PixelJunk Shooter, is an nontraditional dual-joystick shooter that allows the player to interact with various types of elements.

PS3 Playthrough: PixelJunk Shooter

Avatar image for translucentfish
    translucentfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By translucentfish

My first 100%! Hooray! Too bad the game doesn't have a platinum trophy... (though I am close with Uncharted)  

PixelJunk shooter is fun. It isn't great, but it's fun. Having never played a dual joystick shooter before, the controls took some getting used to (hell, even at the end I still got confused sometimes). I loved the little guys you would pick up along the way that told the story of what was happening. Each one talking about how the natives didn't want to upset the beast, then nothing happening until after the credits. Funny and awesome. 

The different liquids were neat to mess around with, but I really didn't enjoy the ice world very much. I mean, you can shoot lava but can't touch it? That... that doesn't make sense. I guess it was just a way to get the Inverter suit in there. Actually, I hate nearly every ice related level in any game. Ice and water levels, those are the worst. 

I needed to collect everything, so it probably took longer to play this game than I needed to spend, but I wasn't bored until around the end. There's, obviously, a second Shooter available, I'll pick it up sometime in the future. I think I need to break from collecting diamonds. It's giving me a complex.

Avatar image for translucentfish
    translucentfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By translucentfish

My first 100%! Hooray! Too bad the game doesn't have a platinum trophy... (though I am close with Uncharted)  

PixelJunk shooter is fun. It isn't great, but it's fun. Having never played a dual joystick shooter before, the controls took some getting used to (hell, even at the end I still got confused sometimes). I loved the little guys you would pick up along the way that told the story of what was happening. Each one talking about how the natives didn't want to upset the beast, then nothing happening until after the credits. Funny and awesome. 

The different liquids were neat to mess around with, but I really didn't enjoy the ice world very much. I mean, you can shoot lava but can't touch it? That... that doesn't make sense. I guess it was just a way to get the Inverter suit in there. Actually, I hate nearly every ice related level in any game. Ice and water levels, those are the worst. 

I needed to collect everything, so it probably took longer to play this game than I needed to spend, but I wasn't bored until around the end. There's, obviously, a second Shooter available, I'll pick it up sometime in the future. I think I need to break from collecting diamonds. It's giving me a complex.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.