Favorite frozen pizza?

#1 Edited by PaperMario (47 posts) -

Frozen pizza is probably not very popular because it's so easy to order pizza delivery or go out to a restaurant. But my favorite frozen pizza is Amy's Pesto:

Amy's Pesto Pizza
The description from their web site: "Light tender crust topped with Amy's homemade pesto, part skim mozzarella cheese, garden fresh organic tomato slices and broccoli florets."

It prepares really well in our Krups toaster oven (six quartz heating elements). I let the pizza thaw for 20 to 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 425 F for 5 minutes, place the pizza directly on the grill, and bake for 10 minutes (the instructions say longer but it gets too brown in our oven...your mileage may vary). This produces a very crispy crust. They say you can bake it in a pan for softer crust.
#2 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

It's that Digiorno Garlic Bread Pizza. Can't get enough of that.

#3 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1062 posts) -

^^ that one! :D :D
Unless Pizza Rolls count ;)

#4 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -
systech said:
"It's that Digiorno Garlic Bread Pizza. Can't get enough of that.
"
I'd have to agree.
#5 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -
systech said:
"
yeah! i agree
#6 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Coco Brooks, its amazing.

#7 Edited by MisoRonery (468 posts) -

Another vote for the Peperoni Digiorno's Garlic Bread Pizza.  I've seen them advertising an asiago and focaccia bread crust pizza on the boob tube, but my grocery store isn't carrying that one yet.

Do Want!

#8 Posted by Doc_Zaius (119 posts) -

Tombstone,  ( is tombstone regional? )

#9 Posted by John1912 (1852 posts) -

Digiorno is prob the best thou a bit over priced, otherwise Tombstone has been a staple since I was a kid.  Didnt care for that Focaccia, the garlic was much better, or even the standard.

#10 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -
John1912 said:
"Digiorno is prob the best thou a bit over priced, otherwise Tombstone has been a staple since I was a kid.  Didnt care for that Focaccia, the garlic was much better, or even the standard."
Yeah, Tombstone is really good too.
#11 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

The Celest pizza for one or whatever is the BEST.

#12 Posted by Vanquish (25 posts) -

red baron

#13 Posted by Damonation (556 posts) -
systech said:
"
Got one in the oven right now
#14 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -
MisoRonery said:
"Another vote for the Peperoni Digiorno's Garlic Bread Pizza.  I've seen them advertising an asiago and focaccia bread crust pizza on the boob tube, but my grocery store isn't carrying that one yet.

Do Want!

"
I have to try that.
#15 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

I like the Delicio pepperoni pizzas.

#16 Posted by Dakota (248 posts) -

I really don't eat a lot of frozen pizza, but Delicio is pretty good.

#17 Posted by gersan93 (136 posts) -

Digiorno is the best.

#18 Posted by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -

I haven't had too many different kinds of frozen pizzas, but I do like the Red Baron personal pan ones.

#19 Posted by Fax (534 posts) -

Digiorno.

#20 Posted by Curfew (150 posts) -

Tonys.

#21 Posted by MB (12190 posts) -

The new California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizzas are delicious.

#22 Posted by ColumnBreaker (1162 posts) -

The Freschetta that my King Sooper's stocks are actually really good. The sauce isn't too bitter or too sweet and the crust is great.

#23 Posted by PowerHerc (15 posts) -

When I was a kid my Dad would by "Tomstone" pizzas by the dozen and I thought it was pretty good. It was "Tony's" about 20 years ago but they changed it and now it sucks.

#24 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (321 posts) -
@mb said:

The new California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizzas are delicious.

Fucking word. All of them are so good.

#25 Posted by Nightriff (4971 posts) -

Red Baron, you guys have awful taste in frozen pizza

- Frozen Pizza Elitest

#26 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2342 posts) -

Red Baron, you guys have awful taste in frozen pizza

- Frozen Pizza Elitest

Bleh. The sauce on Red Baron pizzas taste nasty.

I would have said extra cheese Tombstone but recently I tried DiGiorno's Five Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza. Holy shit that pizza was cheesier than a joke about Wisconsin. (And also very, very delicious. Probably the best frozen Pizza I've ever had)

#27 Posted by Zelyre (1166 posts) -

Those are the shittiest of frozen pizzas. I refuse to buy them.

Because I'll eat the living shit out of them. They're not good. There's no redeeming quality to them. Yet at the same time, they're really good.

#28 Posted by SMTDante89 (2558 posts) -

For me, it's Freschetta all the way.

#29 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1144 posts) -

I've been eating these things called Napoli mini pizzas pretty much my entire life. Cannot find a single picture of them on Google.

#30 Edited by fisk0 (3975 posts) -

Not sure about which countries this one is available in, but Dr Oetker's Mozzarella pizza is by a fair margin my favorite:

#31 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (543 posts) -

Digiorno if I'm getting a whole pizza to put in the oven. Red Baron if I'm getting an individual-sized microwaveable pizza.

#32 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5363 posts) -

Digiorno is the go to frozen pizza in my house.

#33 Posted by bybeach (4769 posts) -

Doc_Zaius..I have tried frozen pizza and I just do not care for it. Maybe someday, but man do I agree w/you is using a good toaster oven. I have a Cusinart (reviewed well), though yours does sound better. But what I do is reheat pizza slices, and I swear they are better than when I first get my pizza pick-up or delivery. Maybe that has to do w/ the Italian roots of pizza, like pasta.

I do a lot of cooking with my toaster oven also, from years of not having an oven except for the burners.

#34 Posted by villainy (554 posts) -

@zelyre said:
@jolly_lolly said:

Those are the shittiest of frozen pizzas. I refuse to buy them.

Because I'll eat the living shit out of them. They're not good. There's no redeeming quality to them. Yet at the same time, they're really good.

Fold those fuckers in half with a side of tears and have a fiesta of shame. Ahh adolescence.

#35 Posted by Karkarov (3054 posts) -

@vanquish said:

red baron

Damn straight. Digiorno? Are you guys joking? They are freaking terrible compared to Tombstone or Red Baron and over priced to boot.

#36 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2660 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

Not sure about which countries this one is available in, but Dr Oetker's Mozzarella pizza is by a fair margin my favorite:

I could get behind that, but I like the Dr. Oetker Quattro Formaggi a bit more. Their pizzas are a bit on the small size, but they taste better than anything else. Dr. Oetker makes eight different styles, but my local super market in the North East US only sells three (Mozzarella, Spinaci, and Formaggi...sometimes they sneak in a few others)

My second place is Kashi Mediterranean Pizza (thin crust). With that said, nothing beats a REAL pizza from a decent restaurant.

#37 Posted by joey (983 posts) -

In the 0-5 dollar range: Tombstone.

In the 5-10 dollar range: Digiorno.

In the 10+ dollar range: Why the hell are you getting frozen pizza at this point?

Also: Red Baron can get fucked.

#38 Posted by MetalBaofu (1365 posts) -

@monkeyking1969: Yeah. When my local Food Lion started carrying those they had the Quattro Formaggi one and a couple others. The Quattro was my favorite of them, then the Food Lion seemingly replaced it with the mozzarella one, so I can't get it anymore.

#39 Posted by EVO (3889 posts) -

Frozen pizza is the worst.

#40 Edited by fisk0 (3975 posts) -

@monkeyking1969 said:

@fisk0 said:

I could get behind that, but I like the Dr. Oetker Quattro Formaggi a bit more. Their pizzas are a bit on the small size, but they taste better than anything else. Dr. Oetker makes eight different styles, but my local super market in the North East US only sells three (Mozzarella, Spinaci, and Formaggi...sometimes they sneak in a few others)

My second place is Kashi Mediterranean Pizza (thin crust). With that said, nothing beats a REAL pizza from a decent restaurant.

Quattro Formaggi is very rarely available in the stores around where I live, so I've ever only had it once. It was good as I recall it, though. Their Vegetale is pretty good too, I wasn't too fond of the Spinaci one. As for the size I think it's pretty much perfect.

#41 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2660 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

Quattro Formaggi is very rarely available in the stores around where I live, so I've ever only had it once. It was good as I recall it, though. Their Vegetale is pretty good too, I wasn't too fond of the Spinaci one. As for the size I think it's pretty much perfect.

My super market is super small, so they tend to rotate things in/out, some months we have stuff I love then a month later is gone. Come to think of it, I have not seen the Quattro Formaggi for awhile, and that is rather distressing We are getting a bigger supermarket soon, and I hope that means we see a bit more consistency.

#42 Edited by Vuud (1944 posts) -

You should try making your own pizzas. You can buy frozen crust or balls of dough and all the ingredients and just go to town. I say it's worth it.

#43 Posted by Nodima (1154 posts) -

DiGiornio's recently changed the sauce they use on their pizzas and I have to say, I'd never had one before but those things are goddamn delicious. It's better than any chain delivery service and better than quite a few local pizza spots as well IMO. I love, love, love the new DiGiorno's. Before then I really only had Totino's for frozen pizza with the occasional Jack's thrown in.

#44 Posted by handlas (2670 posts) -

Those Digiorno Pizzeria ones are pretty damn good. Maybe better than most of the delivery places.

#45 Posted by Hunter5024 (5598 posts) -

I eat Totinos. Because if I wanted to spend more than 2 dollars on a pizza, I would get real pizza.

#46 Posted by johncallahan (552 posts) -

Jack's pizzas get a bad rap for some reason, but they are easily my most enjoyed frozen pizza. Tombstone a close second, Digornio somewhere below that.

#47 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

If I buy ready-made pizza, I buy those *fresh* ones for the fridge, which keep for like two weeks.

One of these, spruced up with some herbs and hot sauce, served with a chilled beer. Heaven.

P.S. Pizza and beer make for such a perfect pairing, the notion of the *Pizzaria* is utter foolishness to me. If I'd run a pizza place, it'd be firmly *Pizza & Beer* branded. Just the most basic and inexpensive pizza, and the whole world's selection of pizza-complementing beers, the most popular of which are on-tap inexpensively. Place that shit in a college town, and you'll make bank.

#48 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1144 posts) -

@vuud: I have never liked homemade pizza. Then again, I've also never actually made it myself, so maybe I should try.

#49 Posted by TDot (285 posts) -

There used to be a brand called Del Maestro Pizza. It was the best thing ever. I used to buy all of them from the store and put them in a special freezer that was just filled with only that pizza. No one else could have them but me. Now no one can have them including me...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.