Frozen or Fresh

#1 Posted by vvArToRN (12 posts) -

Frozen pizza is way better than fresh hot pizza no preparation necessary just open the box in the fridge and take it out and eat it right there. It's less greasy so you don't even need a plate you can just walk around with it in your hand eating as you go it's much more convenient and tastier, leftover pizza is awesome.

#2 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

What that makes no sense.  Since when did frozen pizzas come from the fridge.  Fresh pizza ftw.

#3 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Fresh pizza is where its at. I don't know how people can eat leftover pizza all the time.

#4 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Dude, fresh pizza all the way! Freezing pizza is just...unnatural.

#5 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

This is hardly an argument at all. Fresh >>>>> Frozen.

Frozen is quite convenient, but fresh is way tastier.

#6 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Lies said:
"This is hardly an argument at all. Fresh >>>>> Frozen.

Frozen is quite convenient, but fresh is way tastier."
Yep
#7 Edited by Tanuki (275 posts) -

This doesn't make sense at all.  That's like asking if you like your fruit smoothies with real fresh fruits, or artificial flavouring.  And unless you're strapped for the extra $1, I think we all know the right answer here.

*Edit*  When I wrote that I didn't realize you meant COLD pizza, not frozen.  Frozen to me would be those gross pizza's you buy at the grocery store that you throw in your oven, not fresh homemade or restaraunt pizza.  Regardless hot pizza is way better. 

#8 Posted by John (828 posts) -

Your out of your mind TC, hell frozen pizza isn't even food in my book.

#9 Posted by DXSSI (266 posts) -

I actually prefer frozen pizza.  Maybe we just have lousy pizza chains around these parts, but every place you go to serves up pizza with one of the following defects:

(1) Greasy enough to pass Dr. Nick Riviera's "Window to Weight Gain" test.
(2) Soggy, floppy, or droopy.
(3) A crust that tastes like Saltine crackers, but without the salt.  Stereotypically overcooked and burnt, or undercooked to avoid this resulting in not-totally-melted cheese.

I don't mind the cheaper frozen pizzas, but if you want something really good, then just grab the pizzeria-style ones with a thick crust and high-quality cheese.  You can cook it to perfection and have it way faster than any delivery person could ever get one to you.  Not to mention cheaper.  The only thing delivery pizza is good for is if you like obscure combinations of toppings.

Obviously frozen pizza is best straight out of the oven, not reheated, but delivery pizza is also best eaten fresh.  In either case, don't ever microwave the leftovers; send it for a second trip through the oven.  8-10 minutes at 400 degrees (depending on thickness) is usually enough, and despite a noticeable decline in quality, it's pretty minor overall and still perfectly edible.

#10 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1065 posts) -

Fresh! >:O ...from the Fridge. :D

#11 Posted by DRooPZ (82 posts) -

Depends On Mood

#12 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

Fresh pizza, the toppings on frozen pizza's are always nasty.

#13 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

give me fresh any day of the week

#14 Edited by Loc95 (35 posts) -

Pizza is a pizza. While frozen pizza isn't really pizza. Of course, it's less expensive and more comfortable, but if you order hot, fresh pizza straight from diner... mmm... yummy. Well, I could eat frozen one, but... they aren't best.

#15 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Homemade frozen pizza is delicious, but I also enjoy eating fresh pizza. I have a preference for both, but I normally like my food hot. So I will go with fresh first, frozen second. Starting to get a crave for pizza, now.

#16 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -
@vvArToRN: I make my own pizza. I make the dough, Grind he cheese and cook the meat for the toppings. Maybe I'll work on a recipe for it next time I make it. 
#17 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

I would much rather eat fresh pizza.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.