Pizza Shame

#1 Posted by Hannibal (862 posts) -

Does anyone else feel a bit of shame after having a whole small or medium pizza by yourself?

By the way the new Dominos is great.

#2 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

The only people I know who feel shame by eating a whole pizza (regardless wheter they finish it or not) are women. Then again they always seem to feel guilty for eating anything these days.

In other words, no because I'M A MAN!

For the record I prefer Apache Pizza.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

Nah, I started working at a pizza joint about a year now, and still do it all the time. A medium may be a bit much, but a small to me is lunch. (as long as it's round, the deep dish is... filling.)

#4 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

no because I exercise a lot.

#5 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

I feel that shame when I have to wash Dorito dust off of half my body. 

#6 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

I think the whole point is to eat the whole pizza dammit. And a large. I only feel shame for eating a whole x-large pizza.

#7 Posted by AndrewB (7445 posts) -

Used to down a large pizza once every few weeks. I also used to be pretty chunky.

#8 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Not an ounce of shame or regret.  I'm a man dammit.

#9 Posted by AURON570 (1672 posts) -

Dude I love Dominoes!

#10 Posted by ROFLCOPTER (94 posts) -

Shame!? I feel proud.

#11 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

I feel shame in buying small pizzas. Oh god...so small...the shame of getting ripped off that badly...and not even having it fill up my stomach properly...
#12 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -

Naw, I've done it with a large before. It's not good for you, but every once in a while I want my fix.

#13 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

My local pizza joint does 16" (or family size) pizzas. No shame after polishing one of those off, which is usually 3 or 4 times a week.

I'm a slim fucker to.

#14 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

@UnsolvedParadox said:

" Naw, I've done it with a large before. It's not good for you, but every once in a while I want my fix. "
Took the words out of my mouth. :-)
#15 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

If you get a thin crust pizza then you almost HAVE to eat the whole thing if you want to get full

#16 Posted by guiseppe (2837 posts) -

I feel pride when finishing a whole pizza.

#17 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

When I was growing up, every kid I knew would always wager how much he/she could eat by the number of pizza slices, which I think is kind of funny. I've definitely never even a whole pizza by myself, nor have I ever tried. I usually stick to about 3 slices.

#18 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

No shame.  I usually order a small/medium for myself :)

#19 Posted by Sinatra (213 posts) -

Not really, I never let anything bother me. 

#20 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

no, i have no shame in that. i have a gigantic appetite. 

#21 Posted by TheHT (10810 posts) -

NEVER.

#22 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

No shame, I just leave a small piece of crust... LOL
#23 Posted by LiquidPrince (15834 posts) -

I own two Domino's so I get free pizza whenever me or my friends want, however you do feel a little bad when you have excess amounts. By you I mean me.

#24 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

No shame, just being sick, cause I hate pizza 

#25 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

My metabolism is crazy and allows me to eat like a pig without gaining any weight, so no.

#26 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" I own two Domino's so I get free pizza whenever me or my friends want, however you do feel a little bad when you have excess amounts. By you I mean me. "
But in your case, you can wash that feeling down with more pizza.
#27 Posted by solidlife (877 posts) -

Why do people always look at me in disgust when I get pineapple on my pizza :(

#28 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I remember when there were Pizza Hut restaurants where I lived not just the take away/ delivery joints they have now. And lunch time was an all you could eat buffet. One time me and my friend went hungry for a about a day and a half before a planned trip there and we each put away 20+ slices which is about 3 pizzas I guess. Good times, good times.

#29 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@solidlife:  I don't get pineapple on mine, but I've had it in the past and quite liked it; I don't understand the hate either.

And no, I don't feel shame for eating a pizza. I'm not an idiot.
#30 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

NEVER. In fact if I manage to consume any considerably large amount of pizza at one time I feel a strange sense of pride.

#31 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -
@Binman88 said:
" @solidlife:  I don't get pineapple on mine, but I've had it in the past and quite liked it; I don't understand the hate either.  And no, I don't feel shame for eating a pizza. I'm not an idiot. "
Pineapple with ham and extra cheese is great!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.