You know what, Domino's Pizza still SUCKS.

Posted by MooseyMcMan (10997 posts) -

Today was not a good day. Because of some dust storm, half of UMass was out of power this evening, and that combined with a BBQ incident that involved too much fire caused the dining commons to not be opened. Thus, a couple of friends and I ordered pizzas from Domino's, which seemed like a good idea because we got two larges for $12.56  

Anyway, they delivered the pizza, we ate it, and you know what? 

It sucked a**!  

It was bland, and not very greasy. Now I am planning on sending Domino's a very angry email about their lie filled campaign to brainwash America into thinking that the garbage they try to claim is food is edible. And if you know what's good for you, you'll join my ranks and also send an angry email, regardless of whether you've actually eaten any of the pizza. Because as Americans, we don't need facts or evidence.  

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!!? WE SHALL HAVE VENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10997 posts) -

Today was not a good day. Because of some dust storm, half of UMass was out of power this evening, and that combined with a BBQ incident that involved too much fire caused the dining commons to not be opened. Thus, a couple of friends and I ordered pizzas from Domino's, which seemed like a good idea because we got two larges for $12.56  

Anyway, they delivered the pizza, we ate it, and you know what? 

It sucked a**!  

It was bland, and not very greasy. Now I am planning on sending Domino's a very angry email about their lie filled campaign to brainwash America into thinking that the garbage they try to claim is food is edible. And if you know what's good for you, you'll join my ranks and also send an angry email, regardless of whether you've actually eaten any of the pizza. Because as Americans, we don't need facts or evidence.  

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!!? WE SHALL HAVE VENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -

I got 2 larges for the price of one today as well. I ate them by myself, because I'm a man. I don't feel so good :(

#3 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I agree that Domino's Pizza sucks.

#4 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

it is better for sure, but they totally still suck comparatively

#5 Posted by Jasonofindy (258 posts) -

Are you surprised?  Considering their entire ad campaign is essentially:  "Domino's- Our pizza is not quite as shitty as before."  

#6 Posted by ShadowofIntent (288 posts) -

Papa John's for life

#7 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

I still prefer good old Italian/American pizza

#8 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

I do enjoy their new crust however given a choice i will always choose Pizza Hut

#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (15944 posts) -

Your Domino's sucks.

#10 Posted by Milkman (16781 posts) -

Here in New York, there are so many local pizza places that I don't think I've ever eaten at a chain pizza place.

#11 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

I had Domino's Pizza for the first time in ages a week or two back as they had some sort of "any pizza, any size, any # of toppings for $10" deal going on ... I was pleasantly surprised by how good their BBQ chicken pizza was :D  

Though I suppose I'm in a different boat as you, as I found "not very greasy" to be a good thing.  And it was definitely not bland. ^^ 

Also, from what I've experienced, food franchises (eg Subway, Quizno's, Domino's, etc) generally prepare better food up here in Canada than down in the US. :D

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10997 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" I had Domino's Pizza for the first time in ages a week or two back as they had some sort of "any pizza, any size, any # of toppings for $10" deal going on ... I was pleasantly surprised by how good their BBQ chicken pizza was :D  

Though I suppose I'm in a different boat as you, as I found "not very greasy" to be a good thing.  And it was definitely not bland. ^^   Also, from what I've experienced, food franchises (eg Subway, Quizno's, Domino's, etc) generally prepare better food up here in Canada than down in the US. :D "
Lucky Canadians...
#13 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" I had Domino's Pizza for the first time in ages a week or two back as they had some sort of "any pizza, any size, any # of toppings for $10" deal going on . "
I did that with my friends to see if it was worth it. They hardly put any toppings on the pizzas.  I was not surprised.
Overall though, the quality of the pizza was better than what I remember.
#14 Posted by Interfect (980 posts) -
@ShadowofIntent said:
" Papa John's for life "
word
#15 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

Domino's is better than before but that is not saying that much.  They will never compare to local pizza parlors and that's just fact.

Also, @The_Drizzle:  Piderman.  I lol'd.

#16 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -

God, I'm so hungry right now... I think it depends whats on it.  A one topping like pepperoni from them is disguSTANG!!!  BUT, order a supreme, no sausage, and I think its a pretty good pizza.

#17 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@lead_farmer said:
" @Symphony said:
" I had Domino's Pizza for the first time in ages a week or two back as they had some sort of "any pizza, any size, any # of toppings for $10" deal going on . "
I did that with my friends to see if it was worth it. They hardly put any toppings on the pizzas.  I was not surprised. Overall though, the quality of the pizza was better than what I remember. "
I totally expected them to skimp on the toppings, but the one we got was covered in them. I guess that's really dependent on the specific Domino's though, and varies from place to place.
#18 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2457 posts) -

Stick with the local pizza places.

#19 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

It's better then it was before but Papa John's conquers all other pizza chains.

#20 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

i quite like the new Dominos actually, much better then Pizza Slut and Pappa crap

#21 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

yeah I always feel like absolute shit after I've eaten dominos... really salty, greasy... I'm glad I have a good local pizza place that stone bakes the pizza for delivery with fresh ingredients :)

#22 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I do just fine with a Pepperoni or Hawaiian pizza from Little Caesar's.

#23 Posted by MisterMouse (3553 posts) -

its not great, but it is better is the thing.

#24 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I've never had it before.

#25 Posted by TheHBK (5482 posts) -

Pizza Hut 4 Life

#26 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (654 posts) -
@BigBoss1911:  Mr. Jim's Pizza is like heaven. Sooo Goood
#27 Posted by iSylence (345 posts) -

I don't mind Domino's. I'm in New Zealand so don't know if it's any different from America. The best pizza where I'm from is from a local place called Pompeii Pizza, it's amazing.

#28 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -

I'm a big fan of Mr. Wedge myself

#29 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" Pizza Hut 4 Life "
Da Trufth Be Spoken
#30 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

I wouldn't say it sucks, but it is horribly overpriced. I prefer most of their non-pizza food items over the pizza, namely Chicken Kickers and Cinnasticks. The lava cake is pretty good too, but like everything else, way too expensive.

#31 Posted by Remedy25 (131 posts) -

I ordered a pizza from Domino's yesterday.  Had me a sweet corn, mushroom, pineapple and roast chicken on a thin base pizza, it wasn't amazing but then again it was terrible either. I've order from Domino's a few times and never really had any problems, BUT Pizza Hut is a different story caught food poisoning from they're shitty pizza, they didn't even cook it right.  

#32 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" Here in New York, there are so many local pizza places that I don't think I've ever eaten at a chain pizza place. "
same
#33 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1594 posts) -

Domino's sucks in Australia too.    
There's a woodfire pizza place about 100m down the road from my house. 
AWESOME!!!
#34 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1143 posts) -

I don't hate Domino's, I just prefer a good Papa John's.

#35 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (330 posts) -

Agreed. I had it last night and thought it was pretty bad.

#36 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

Oh, I'd have to disagree. Their new pizza tastes pretty good. I'd imagine this is alot coming from an NY pizza snob such as myself but it's much better than what it used to be.

#37 Posted by ShaolinSpade (159 posts) -

I haven't had their new pizza yet and I plan on avoiding it. I'm just glad they admitted that their pizza was terrible before. 

#38 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

I think it's better than it was, but now that they got rid of the any topping large pizza for $9.99, I think I'm out.

#39 Posted by mindatlarge (46 posts) -

Ours serves really tasty pizza since the change over to better ingredients...the owners of the store you buy from must just suck at making pizza.

#40 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2908 posts) -

I don't think Dominos is that bad, but it's hard for me to justify buying pizza anywhere other than Little Cesars. The taste is about as good as a Dominos or Pizza Hut pie, and it's $5 for a large. When I feel like splurging though, I go for Godfathers. Oh yeah.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.