Another QLEX, another sale.

#1 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

Between this and PB Winterbottom, these QLEX things are doing wonders for indie devs. Keep it up!

#2 Edited by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I haven't had the ability to watch videos or listen to audio in like 3 months so I'm way behind on my Giant Bomb stuff, someone explain the QLEX thing for me!

#3 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -
@Hamz: A dev comes by and they do a quicklook with the dev playing.
#4 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@Skytylz: So the EX stands for?
#5 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -
@Hamz: No idea.
#6 Posted by raiz265 (2233 posts) -

extravaganza

#7 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -
@raiz265: Really?
#8 Posted by raiz265 (2233 posts) -
@Skytylz: perhaps... 

i have no idea.
#9 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -
@raiz265: Oh, well that would be bad ass!
#10 Posted by Castro (950 posts) -

The only other use of EX that I can think of is in the Street Fighter EX series of games. Maybe there's some correlation. I got nothing though. Maybe it stands for "extra" since they have an extra person there showing off the game?

#11 Posted by Andorski (5189 posts) -

Wasn't really sold on this particular QLEX, although the art design did look really cool.  Giant Bomb should really go out and get more indie developers to do Quick Looks for their games.

#12 Posted by EdTwo (471 posts) -
@Hamz: It stands for exclusive
#13 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

I wish they would have showed how the game played vs other people. Melee based competitive games are usually no fun at all. It reminded me of a super-stylized version of FFA Swords in Halo 2.

#14 Posted by dunc12 (107 posts) -

Did they mention a date for the XBLA version? 'Cause i'm super interested in this, especially the gravity aspect.

#15 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

im gonna get it. looks awesome. thats what the QLEX is for.

#16 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2479 posts) -

man, totally hyped for this, the art style is great, and the game looks like some good simple fun... I'm totally gonna pick up the Xbox Live Arcade version.

#17 Posted by Patters666 (12 posts) -
#18 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I don't watch the EX quicklooks. I find that they suck.

#19 Posted by gike987 (1747 posts) -

Even if they doesn't have any plans for a 360 version it looks like almost any PC could run it. The maps are mostly untextured boxes.

#20 Edited by Matthew (1911 posts) -
@Hamz: The Legendary Quick Look was an EX version I think . . . and my guess is Extended, since the dev is walking you through the game, but also telling you stuff you wouldn't ordinarily know off hand. 

*edit* 

Sorry, just went to watch a couple minutes of the 'Demo.'  (it's not a quick look per se, but I think it's the forerunner of the QL's..)   

And it's awful.  God awful.  So awful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.