7th Luchadeers Battalion now recruiting. (NC/Waterson East Coast)

#51 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

Well, I have no idea what I'm doing, but sign me up. Dudersmake. Probably be on between 9 PM and 3 AM EST (I'm in PST).

#52 Posted by Grimhild (722 posts) -

Yes indeed. Good showing tonight, guys :) Once we get everyone's Liberators outfitted with giant Howitzers on their belly, shit's gonna get real during those sieges-breakers lol

Keep it up, Duders. We're up to Platoon strength now.

#53 Posted by ajkent (36 posts) -

EligibleBoat2. Around 10pm is when I am on depending on the day. Is there a continent that we tend to stay around? I kept yelling GLHB in hopes I would just run into the outfit.

#54 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1536 posts) -

Aww, I went with Vanu and am on the... crap, what that server's name? The first option for East Coast. Uh... Damn it!

Edit: Sol Tech. That's what I chose.

#55 Posted by Subjugation (4743 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85: Dirty barney. You can just make another profile on Waterson if you ever feel like playing with us. I did precisely that.

#56 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

I'm guessing we're all fairly new at this, but its been fun so far. It's really tough though to deal with facing superior numbers. In the short while I was playing today I think our small group was forced out of at least 3 bases. We capture a few, and got stopped while capturing at least one because the enemy sent in more and more guys to retake their base. A small guerrilla group can take over a base but its pretty tough to hold it once the enemy you took it from wants it back, at least without some sort of coordinated defense. So yes the game is cool but I just find something lacking when it comes to getting organized right now. Dying far away from the squad and not having a spawn location nearby is a bummer too as it means another long walk/drive and the momentum might have been lost at that point. Still learnin'. :)

#57 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1536 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

@insane_shadowblade85: Dirty barney. You can just make another profile on Waterson if you ever feel like playing with us. I did precisely that.

But... But the pew pew lasers ._.

#58 Posted by Kanadain (2 posts) -

Kanadain (same as the GB forum!)

Im usually online around 6pm PST (9pm EST) during the week, and infrequently during the weekends, usually in the early morning, or late evening.

#59 Edited by Xenos_19 (118 posts) -

Soldier name is Buffalow , I play when ever , so all throughout the day - but probably more around the afternoon hours, and maybe evening. (That's PST hours)

Looking forward to playing with you all

#60 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Just three of us spent quite a while harassing a Vanu base. They couldn't find our squad beacon. Too bad we never received any support from the rest of the NC and we'd easily grab the base from the inside.

#61 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

@ajkent: We're not really beholden to any continent, just ask where people are at with /os.

Glad we were on Amerish last night though, Esamir is so bright. Wonder if I'm missing a video setting somewhere, the brightness is set to zero and I don't see a gamma slider.

Anyone know if the hotas support is any good? I cannot fly with kbm and have been looking for an excuse to buy one.

#62 Posted by SynticV1 (53 posts) -

Character Name: Syntic

Had to restart since I remade the character, and I'm usually on overnights PST.

#63 Posted by Subjugation (4743 posts) -

Looking forward to more fun times in the near future, especially with stronger outfit strength. Can you say tank columns?

#64 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

I had no idea what I was doing last night. And then I stayed up until 3 AM my time, because all the NC on Esamir suddenly got organized and started rolling across the landscape. That was fun.

#65 Edited by Xenos_19 (118 posts) -

Only three people on during the am hours of tuesday, stuck in a bio plant meat grinder for 2 straight hours at least.

Looking forward to when more people will be online so we can do some large scale co-ordinates assaults , instead of just random zergfests with PuGs :P

On a side note, still trying to get the hang of aircrafts ....

#66 Posted by deathfury (539 posts) -

Soldier name: EpsilonPrime

I'm usually on in the evening EST.

#67 Edited by Deusx (1910 posts) -

Hey guys, I'm still getting the hang of the game but I like it so far. PUT ME IN COACH. I will make a new dude called 8bitDuder on the Waterson Server. I just have a question, maybe I missed this in the OP. What faction are we playing and how do I find out if you guys have added me? EDIT: I'm an idiot, forget the first question. NC it is!

#68 Posted by cruxking (204 posts) -

Name: Quorol

#69 Posted by thebignasty (65 posts) -

Name: Cantstandya

#70 Posted by Grimhild (722 posts) -

@thebignasty:

If someone else doesn't grab you later tonight, I will tomorrow. Servers are going down in 5 minutes for maintenance.

Good job tonight guys! We held Amerish from the dirty TR space fascists.

#71 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

Yep, another fun night. Didn't realize how powerful the mana turret is, that thing can rain death upon infantry.

#72 Edited by OfficerMeatbeef (93 posts) -

Hey folks, I've been playing a TON of PS2 recently (it's pretty much what I always hoped Battlefield would become back in the days of 2, before they started regressing on so many cool things) and I'm looking for a fun outfit to join. Unfortunately I've already got an NC and a TR character on other servers, and figured I'd save the last slot to try out VS. So if I'm going to commit that spot to another starter NC, I'm hoping someone could give me an idea of what level of communication/coordination/activity is going on with this outfit so far?

To be clear, I'm not looking for SERIOUS MILITARY BUSINESS or any nonsense like that, I'm just becoming increasingly frustrated with joining squads and outfits only to find every squad member is just scattered about, usually because the leaders aren't giving even the most basic of orders or are busy talking amongst themselves on their Teamspeak server while the vast majority of the rest of us are just left flying blind. I think this game is at its absolute best when you're in a platoon where the leadership is active and squads are supporting each other; even if you're totally getting your asses handed to you, it's still ridiculously fun and satisfying when everyone is working together and squad/platoon leaders are actively guiding them, regardless of whether the guidance works out or not.

I feel like there's just so much potential in this game for simple yet awesome stuff, like forming a small fireteam from your squad to go and knock out that enemy Sunderer that keeps pouring enemies into your base while the rest of the rabble just sits inside the wall getting slowly ground down, that requires only the bare minimum of organization that is knowing your buddies will stick together with you and help each other out. If you folks got/get that going, I'll burn that character slot in a second. Thanks!

#73 Edited by Deusx (1910 posts) -

@OfficerMeatbeef: I just joined the squad and had fun taking points with the group if that's worth something. Pretty casual stuff, no e-sports mentality haha.

#74 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@OfficerMeatbeef: Not to take anything away from what we are doing, but I would not describe it as "Serious Military Business". :)

Sometimes there are valid reasons for squad members getting separated from each other, such as dying and lacking spawn point options nearby or perhaps getting caught up in a firefight on the way to the squad. When I've played the guys and girls from this site have been fun to play with and I don't have anything negative to add. The game does become quite chaotic at times, so with that in mind it can be easy to lose track of each other, but in my experience we're usually in the same fights. We're playing casually and helping NC out where we can. If you want to save your slot for a Vanu character, that is totally up to you.

#75 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

@OfficerMeatbeef: Usually when I'm playing with Giant Bomb duders it's just casual fun and finding not NC dudes to shoot and capturing bases where we need them. If you need a more hardcore group to roll with, you can try getting into platoons and squads with members of the DVS clan. They're usually the squad I try to get in if I'm not playing with GB since they don't care if you're a random or not as long as you're willing to play as a team. They're pretty cool guys!

#76 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

I just wasted 200 certs on bad research. I bought the side upgrades, top upgrade and front upgrade in armor for the Vanguard tank believing that I could equip them all; as that was what made sense to me. It appears I can only apply one armor upgrade. Yey me.

#77 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1536 posts) -

I just made a new character on the server. shadowedinsanity

called me a barney, so I had to do it. But I'll team kill him. THAT'LL SHOW HIM!

#78 Posted by eisenhorn2k7 (22 posts) -

Name: Eisenh0rn

I to start a new character and finals are about to start so I probably won't be on that much in the next couple of weeks. I usually play nights CST.

#79 Edited by selbie (1969 posts) -

I'm usually on the AU server but I've made a char on Waterson for when I feel like joining you guys -- Name: selbiedog

@Ubersmake said:

I had no idea what I was doing last night. And then I stayed up until 3 AM my time, because all the NC on Esamir suddenly got organized and started rolling across the landscape. That was fun.

I know the feeling. A few nights ago I witnessed about 8 or 9 tanks lining up at HQ and thought "oh shit, somethings going down here!"

A few hours later we'd steamrolled through several capture points :P

#80 Posted by Church877 (15 posts) -

@selbie: I'm going to be playing for the next hour or so. Hop on and i can send you a invite to the outfit. In game name is Blackbern

#81 Edited by wordfalling (193 posts) -

@Funkydupe: I kept looking at the armor upgrades and wondering if that was the case. That's unfortunate though.

I spend too much time trying to figure out what is actually worth spending CP on. I was saving up for the last rank of repair but decided to get my shotty fully accessorized instead. Figure the more enemies I kill the more CP I earn, that kill streak bonus is pretty crazy.

#82 Edited by Grimhild (722 posts) -

@Funkydupe:

I would just use different ones for each loadout slot:

Anti-Tank/Tank Column = Front Armor for a head-on assault.

Anti-Infantry = Side Armor, since they'll be trying to flank you.

Balanced/Solo = Top Armor to mitigate enemy air units if there's not friendlies in the sky.

Also the Vanguard's utility slot is it's shield that absorbs all damage for a few seconds. I think the first tier is pretty cheap, comparatively speaking.

#83 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

And I just did the same sort of thing, the wiki made it sound like you could have both the laser sight and forward grip but nope.

#84 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1536 posts) -

Thanks for the invite =)

And sorry to InspectorLee. I was terrorizing a large group of Terran Republic players at their base with my infiltrator while the rest of the New Conglomerate players tried to take their base. I'm still figuring out the chat in this game so I don't know if my "Thanks" got through.

#85 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85: Yeah, they don't really explain anything. It is /s to talk to the squad and /os to talk to the outfit. Ctrl+tab cycles between chat windows and if you are in the outfit or squad tab, hitting enter will fill in the proper slash command.

#86 Edited by Grimhild (722 posts) -

List updated. If you don't see yourself on there and you're already in the Outfit, let me know and I'll add you on there. I know there's a few that I can't remember the solider name of

#87 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

Hey SOE, will pay for respec.

#88 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

@Grimhild: Hey man, ESREVE12 here. I've been with you day1 but I don't think I've posted in the thread other than a simple "yep." I also have the ability to send out Outfit invites.

#89 Edited by Grimhild (722 posts) -

@wordfalling:

I'd use the grip at night and the laser during the day to justify both purchases, because the latter makes you a walking bulls-eye at night. They're both useful, though.

@ESREVER:

Sweet, thanks. I knew it was some numeral combination after your GB name :)

#90 Posted by JOURN3Y (230 posts) -

@Grimhild: JOURN3Y on the server :)

#91 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

So I got a bunch of certs really late last night and I'm sitting on about 300 now. I have the most fun playing the light assault class, so should those certs go towards getting the 500 certs Gauss or should I keep saving up for one of the shotguns?

#92 Posted by Church877 (15 posts) -

@Morbid_Coffee: I got a shotgun for my light assault and can never go back to the gauss now lol

#93 Posted by Subjugation (4743 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85: Come at me bro.

#94 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1536 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

@insane_shadowblade85: Come at me bro.

I don't see you in that way Subs, sorry. #dirtyjokes

#95 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

Well, that was fun.

World of Duders
#96 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

@Ubersmake: Oh look, moments before 8bit ruthlessly murdered me with his tank!

#97 Edited by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

@ESREVER said:

@Ubersmake: Oh look, moments before 8bit ruthlessly murdered me with his tank!

You mean this?

Tank > Tank

EDIT: Argh, image upload hates me.

#98 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

A blue screen brought an abrupt end to a very fun night.

#99 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -
#100 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Holy shit guys that was way too much fun. We definitely need to get a platoon going again when even more of us are online. I'm going to try to get my mic working this weekend so I don't die to grenades every time I open the chat box again.

@Funkydupe the best part of that tank pile pic is that the tank and the sunderer in the background are five seconds away from also being part of the pile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.