7th Luchadeers Battalion now recruiting. (NC/Waterson East Coast)

#201 Posted by RNominal (12 posts) -

Soldier Name: RNominal

Most days will be on from 6 am Eastern till whenever I go to bed, I work night shift.

#202 Posted by superst3ve (15 posts) -

Wife is out of town this weekend. Any moment I'm not studying for Adv Finance final on Monday I'll be in game. Let's blow some shit up this weekend Lucadeers!

#203 Posted by Libb (70 posts) -

Can I get an invite?

Soldier Name: BeeksElectric

#204 Posted by TheManiacsGnome (269 posts) -

@Grimhild:

Yeah, I definitely don't want to drop money on something no one uses. But at the same time I always enjoy having a place to congregate with other members. It's not a huge investment to go with Ventrilo, and Mumble is only slightly more expensive but sounds better apparently?

I will try to get on later Monday night and see how the VOIP holds up, we'll make a decision after that whether it's necessary. At the very least having a Vent/TS3/Mumble server makes for a good spot to congregate before goingthrough the trouble of loading the game.

#205 Posted by Chtasm (447 posts) -

If you ever run into any hackers in-game you can report them by typing /report followed by their in-game name into the chat window.

Ex:

/report ButtfuckJohannson

We ran into one tonight and I just wanted to make sure everyone took advantage of this command.

#206 Posted by OfficerMeatbeef (76 posts) -

Awesome: Double XP weekends. A cert per kill? Yes please!

Terrible: Friggin' cheaters zipping around instantly headshotting everyone all the time. Baaaaah.

#207 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

Sorry I had to bail out early, but my internet connection was just lagging like crazy and was making the game unplayable.

#208 Posted by Owlhead (152 posts) -

Owlhead

When I'm not working I usually play in the evening central standard time

#209 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

I didn't get a chance to play this at all yesterday, so I'm planning on playing a bunch tonight.

Giant bomb takes Esamir? Lets do it. I'm thinking 9pm EST? EDIT: make that closer to 10-ish.

#210 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

There's a game update today. Fixes a bunch of stuff and added a couple of things. But most importantly:

Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash! Check the Depot under Vehicle Gear.

Yessssssssssssssssssssss

EDIT: I take it all back. It's $7 for the horn. It can't be bought with CR. It's not even a novelty horn! I was super forgiving with everything they were doing with the game but this is the dumbest thing.

#211 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@Morbid_Coffee said:

There's a game update today. Fixes a bunch of stuff and added a couple of things. But most importantly:

Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash! Check the Depot under Vehicle Gear.

Yessssssssssssssssssssss

EDIT: I take it all back. It's $7 for the horn. It can't be bought with CR. It's not even a novelty horn! I was super forgiving with everything they were doing with the game but this is the dumbest thing.

Whaaaaaaaaat. Charging money for a horn? A standard horn? I now officially have beef with how they are doing this stuff.

#212 Edited by OfficerMeatbeef (76 posts) -

7 dollar horn?! Man, that is definitely a real bummer. How much does the new Heavy Assault launcher cost? I expect 1000 certs like the rest, I suppose?

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other changes play out. A general drop in survivability and power for air and more effectiveness with ground AA is extremely welcome. I've been a bit under the weather and unable to really play beyond just some kinda mindless shootin' but will be back in soon, I didn't see it in the patch notes but hopefully the infantry draw-in improvements made it to this one as well.

#213 Posted by Chtasm (447 posts) -

I'm out! I can't believe this game has gone pay2horn! How am I going to be able to compete now?

#214 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

"Honk if you have fat stacks of cash."

*honk*

#215 Posted by OfficerMeatbeef (76 posts) -

Manual horns forever! *Proximity Chat: Terrible vocalized honking sounds*

Having finally got some time in with the new update, really liking how ground-based AA feels now. Definitely feels like those flyers can't just laugh at turrets/MAXes anymore, even if you only have one Burster. Gotta have at least a little ground presence to take out those turrets.

Hope to see some people back in there soon! and , I've tried to add both of you to outfit with no luck; sure you have the right server/faction?

#216 Posted by Owlhead (152 posts) -

Gonna log in and verify my details

will be back when i find out. Is there a level restriction?

#217 Posted by Owlhead (152 posts) -

nope, everything seems right. i sent you a friend request

#218 Posted by ProfessorBread (31 posts) -

Soldier's name BreadRising

I am on the west coast. I log into games after 6:00pm PST or whenever I get the gumption on weekends.

Interested in seeing what this adventure has to entail =).

#219 Posted by mrpandaman (864 posts) -

aw man... you guys should be on SolTech and playing the TR.

But hey I will join y'all

Soldier's Name: DrHelloKitty

I'm in the Midwest and I'm usually on after 8pm during the weekdays and whatever time on the weekends

#220 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (197 posts) -

I switched around a lot and actually started TR. Seems like this game is more fun with a group of friends so might as well go with the GB duders.

Soldier Name: EvilGreenDevil

I'm on EST and play most late at night and on weekends. I'll be on A LOT over Christmas week. ADD ME ON STEAM TOO!! or PM me

#221 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

I tried downloading the update the day it came out, found out the servers were being hammered and it was going to take about 8-10 hours to download, and quit and haven't tried again since.

Maybe I should jump on again. Probably sometime next week.

#222 Posted by Chtasm (447 posts) -

Now that finals are finished and 3x Smedcash is coming up this Friday, expect to see me on all break :)

#223 Posted by OfficerMeatbeef (76 posts) -

Sad to see the outfit kind of seems to have gone dormant (at best) already. For my part, being MIA is unrelated to dissatisfaction with the game, but instead a combination of some kind of Victorian wasting disease of eternal exhaustion and simple holidaytime logistics. Hope to be back in soon, & hope to see a few of you duders there sometime as well.

#224 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (197 posts) -

just start rolling with DVS. I did and thats who I play with now.

#225 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3788 posts) -

Are you guys still playing?

I started dabbling in this but if I don't have some pals to play with it's really dull. The scale cuts both ways.

#226 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (197 posts) -

I'm on pretty much every night NC on Waterson and VS on Mattherson

#227 Posted by plague102 (128 posts) -

Plague102 on here and on Planetside 2 Id love to join u guys

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.