Do we split up or stick together?

#1 Edited by Grimhild (723 posts) -

To whom it may concern:

With the actual release of Planetside 2 around the corner and the GB Outfit Poll being somewhat evenly divided, I'm starting to wonder if maybe we shouldn't have a GB Outfit for each faction on different coasts of the US, EU and Australia. Though, while it would make everyone happy, I still think it would be amazing to roll into a continent with the 280+ duders that voted on the poll and steamrolling. I was going to make this another poll but A. I can't on this forum and would have to get it moved which I'm too lazy to do right now and B. The poll would be pretty long for each combination of Faction and Server, the latter of which I don't have a list of since the beta is now officially closed.

Also names?

101st LincolnForce Division?

1st Luchadeers Brigade?

Opinions and/or thoughts? Just curious.

EDIT: Including for relevance:

@Pazy said:

Does anyone from the EU know how bad the lag was to the US servers? I'm assuming beyond awful but just in case its playable. If not, we really need a new poll for the EU side.

#2 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Luchadeer Lincoln Heavy Industries.

Chris with the White Gun.

Giant Bomb Force.

Also, i don't play Planetside 2, so...

#3 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@MikeGosot:

I guess you get KP duty then.

#4 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Grimhild said:

@MikeGosot:

I guess you get KP duty then.

But kitchen related games suck! And this is getting a little off-topic already. I'll leave.
#5 Posted by Brother_PipPop (256 posts) -

A nation divided ect ect.

#6 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

I'm going to have high ping and low skill so I'll go in first wherever we're going, haha.

#7 Posted by Pazy (2587 posts) -

Does anyone from the EU know how bad the lag was to the US servers? I'm assuming beyond awful but just in case its playable. If not, we really need a new poll for the EU side.

In regards to faction, though I voted I really don't care about the faction too much. If I can have a list of duders to roll with then I will join any faction, even the laser beam people (I like bullets, not laser beams!).

#8 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5554 posts) -

@Funkydupe: Laggy scouts are the best scouts

#9 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@Funkydupe:

Just stay low like my friend Rob. They'll never know what hit em'! (very early beta footage by )

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4722 posts) -

NC has the best weapon sounds and MBT! Vanguard ftw.

#11 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Maybe just a list of all the GB duders that are going to play and what faction they are choosing and server they picked would be better serving than forming a actual GB group, then people can side with who they want in whatever location they reside in.

#12 Posted by ajkent (35 posts) -

Honestly I just want to play with you duders regardless of what side we are on. Someone who wants to be in charge just post the server information on Tuesday and I'll join up.

#13 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

Wait. There are multiple servers?! I thought the whole point of Planetside 2 was that they were finally going to do the "one big universe" thing?

Meh. Having to pick the right server and then the right faction just to be able to play with other people you might know is a great way to really piss me off in a game. I'm not going to put that much thought into it. I'm going to pick a server and faction that floats my boat at the time and if I see some of you guys there, I'll see some of you guys there. If not, then not. If you see "Branthog", that'll be me.

#14 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@Branthog: Multiple servers, and 3 separate continents/maps to play on within each server.

#15 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

@Branthog: Multiple servers, and 3 separate continents/maps to play on within each server.

Yeah, I was just looking at them in the interface. Kinda sucks. I could almost see a different server per continent, but I really like the idea of one unified world. *sigh*.

On the other hand, I guess I understand the need since this is more FPS-ish and therefore more hampered by any network issues.

I guess I'll be on Benson (US WEST). Seems like almost all the servers are LOW. A few MEDIUM and HIGH, but none on the west coast. Kind of surprised!

#16 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (603 posts) -

Like I said in the poll post, I am good with whatever. I just want to hang with all you duders and shoot some space guns.

#17 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1461 posts) -

I just downloaded the game and am probably going to roll with Vanu Sovereignty; don't know why though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.