Does this run bad for anyone?

#1 Posted by Phyrlord (171 posts) -

I got the Beta key the other weekend and was looking forward to playing. I booted up and had frame rate issues right from the start.. The battle areas are basiclly unplayable. I'm running BL2 pretty well on medium settings, has anyone else had any issues running the game? I have a 460GTX 750mhz OC'ed to 830mhz, maybe the card is just too old for it anymore.

#2 Posted by nasseh (83 posts) -

Hmm, I occasionally dip below 20 fps but that's only when battles get stupidly huge, the rest of the time I'm at floating around 60 fps... You should probably post this on the official Planetside 2 forums if you haven't already, and keep in mind that it's still a beta which means they're working on performance issues that will hopefully be stamped out by release :)

#3 Posted by onarum (2064 posts) -

Did you tried the usual stuff? 
- make sure your running the latest drivers for you graphics card
- defrag your hard drive
- close unnecessary background processes 

Also at what resolution are you trying to run it? the game seems fairly scalable, lots of graphics options for you to fiddle with, though the game seems really taxing at times, specially when there's a lot of dudes on screen and shit blowing everywhere, it will sometimes dip below  40FPS for me, and I have a GTX 680.

#4 Posted by Shirogane (3567 posts) -

Mine's been running fine perfomancewise, got some lag issues every once in a while though, but that's probably cause i'm in Australia. I should mention i also have a GTX 460.

#5 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Been running smooth like butter except for when I get lag.

#6 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

Running at a quad i7 3770k 3.5ghz OCd to 3.7, 16 gigs of DDR3 at 1866 and a GTX 680 and I get 20 fps in really hectic fights. I think it is something wrong with my computer.

#7 Posted by Dimsey (950 posts) -

Haven't played in a little while, but never really had performance issues.

#8 Posted by Phantom_Crash (298 posts) -

Runs well on my system, i52500k and GTX570. During a huge battle I get 30-40 but normally a steady 50+. Also some lag cause I live in the middle of no where. (Australia).

#9 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Performance seems hit or miss with some people and it doesn't seem to be the system req's

Wonder what the issue is???

#10 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I feel like the game doesn't stick to a solid 60fps and it bothers me. Hell, often it feels like it's running below 30, and my system is definitely strong enough to handle it.

#11 Posted by niko555 (119 posts) -

There are severe optimization issues with the game.

Many people are having really bad performance on really good computers.(including me)

But it seems its getting better with every patch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.