I just realized the best part about Planetside 2

#1 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

You don't have to log on to your SOE account every time you start the game, GOTY.

Also, great game. Best kill so far, I drove a jet into a Tank, ejected before it hit, switched to my rocket launcher and blew it up before it knew what hit him. I was then taken down seconds later by the 50 guys standing by the Sunderer I did not take out, but it was still pretty awesome.

#2 Posted by warxsnake (2648 posts) -

Agreed, wish I had more time to play it its a lot of fun.

#3 Posted by Spoonman671 (4595 posts) -

Come on dude, I haven't played it yet. Not so fast and loose with the spoilers.

#4 Edited by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -
#5 Edited by TheHT (11128 posts) -

I was on an AA tower when a jet decided to fly into me. Thankfully, I was able to boost over it. So now it's getting all lob-sided from hitting the tower, and my AA teammate is pumping it full of whatever, and I'm landing on it and jumping off and landing on it while firing like a madman, before it blows up in mid fall and we both finally touch ground. The whole crazy ordeal took something like 8 seconds.

So yeah, this game's alright.

#6 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It reminds me of Battlefield 2142 a lot. It's really fun.

#7 Posted by KillerClaw (64 posts) -

I'm not a fan, performance overall seems to be less than great, the pop-in and pop-out mechanics of drawing enemies ruins the competitive aspect (an enemy you couldn't see 5 seconds ago because you had too many allies around you kills you because you turned your back to that seemingly empty space), and I'm really not a fan of the fact that you can buy the best weapons in the game from the get-go.

#8 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Sometimes the bugs in this game are a-okay:

#9 Posted by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

My best kill was orbit dropping onto a Vanu Scythe that was flying. That was on my first day.

#10 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

My best kill was dropping on a full stocked Vanu Galaxy.

...I am Vanu.

#11 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I flew a ship into another ship then ejected but I was ejected so fast that I hit a wall and died instantly.

#12 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1825 posts) -

my favorite would have to be bumping the side of a Vanu liberator with my fighter and making it do a tailspin into the mountain next to it

#13 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

Playing NC, got in my AA Reaver and locked onto an enemy scythe with my anti air missiles. He swiveled downwards and boosted to get away, but he was only ten feet away from a cliff and blew up pretty much instantly.

#14 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

The highlight of my night was having a galaxy full of 7th Luchadeer's fly until we hit the ceiling of the skybox, then everybody immediately jumping out of it.

And living.

#15 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

@Morbid_Coffee said:

The highlight of my night was having a galaxy full of 7th Luchadeer's fly until we hit the ceiling of the skybox, then everybody immediately jumping out of it.

And living.

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. The barrel rolls were pretty good, too.

#16 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

@Morbid_Coffee: @Ubersmake: That was retarded in the best way. It was pretty great just watching all of you guys bail from the ceiling of the world, and even better when everyone was surprised that they lived haha. You get fall damage immunity when you bail from a Galaxy, but I didn't want to spoil the moment for you all.

#17 Posted by jjacobsson (53 posts) -

My favorite kill was when I was driving a Magrider, slowly making my way towards the front lines with a squad mate in a Scythe tagging along behind and above. Suddenly I see him turn 180 and swosh of real fast on the mini-map as two Reavers come out of nowhere barreling down on him.

I turn the tank around, looking at the awesome tandem flying of the Reavers, thinking "he's toast" and take a pot shot with the main gun in their general direction. My shot hits one of the Reavers square in the ass. Jaw drops to the desk about as fast as the burning wreck of the Reaver spirals to the ground and explodes. That was my first time in a Magrider.

#18 Posted by Loafsmooch (348 posts) -

I think this game has the best gunplay mechanics of all the Battlefield-type games. The recoil feels so random in all BF games, you just put your crosshairs on people and hope for the best, while PS2 actually has some sort of controllable recoil patterns, like CS 1.6.

This is the game I've been waiting for all my life. I'm hoping people will realize there is a huge potential market for MMOFPS and start to improve on the formula.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.