Out on Tuesday, will we see content?

#1 Posted by darklink6849 (39 posts) -

I'll take anything.

Quicklook, mention of it on the podcast/ilovemondays, a TNT would be heaven but thats asking too much.

What do you guys expect?

#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6389 posts) -

I doubt it.

#3 Posted by FreedomTown (281 posts) -

It isn't another generic Call of Duty game, I doubt we will see any coverage, and if we do it will be brief.

#4 Posted by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

Jeff seems to be a pretty big fan of the original PlanetSide, so I'd be surprised if we don't see some sort of coverage.

#5 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

The game wasn't working on jeffs machine if i remember, probably would of had some already if it wasn't the case, be surprised if they don't cover it in a quicklook since i think they know its at least pretty cool on paper and semi aware of it.

#6 Posted by 49th (2820 posts) -

I'm sure there will be a QL at some point, with them being so busy with Wii U and Thanksgiving coming up it probably won't be too soon though.

#7 Posted by Mageknight (124 posts) -

I'm sure there will be a Quick Look at some point. As for new content, probably not - they seemed to be happy with the state of the content at the end of the beta. I think three continents was their goal for launch.

#8 Posted by crazyleaves (648 posts) -
@FreedomTown

It isn't another generic Call of Duty game, I doubt we will see any coverage, and if we do it will be brief.

Haha, this guy...
#9 Posted by Subjugation (4734 posts) -

If we do see some content, I hope they have ironed out most of the bugs and performance issues they had in the beta. Obviously beta is beta, but now that beta is over that doesn't really fly anymore. We'll see, right? I just hate to see people have their first impressions soured on a potentially awesome game by launch issues.

#10 Posted by mrcraggle (1974 posts) -

I think it'll be better if they covered it after thanksgiving. I'm sure there will be problems on launch day despite the extensive beta but updates rolled out all the time so I'm sure if there were, they'd be covered quickly. I wish APB: R team had their shit together as much as this. Planetside 2 is an interesting game but I don't know how well it will fair in QL form. There are times when I was by myself, crouching and capping a point hoping no one would come but if they did, it was extremely tense. One of the most tense moments came from when I was capping a point and 2 people rolled in and I managed to take them both out but then another 1 came along wearing the Max set up and I was strategic to take him out as well but a few more of the other team must have soon realised what I was doing as more and more of them just kept coming at which point I lost. But then there are other times where you're doing that and it's the most boring thing. My squad and I rolled through an entire map, capping a bunch of places with pretty much no resistance after several hours at which point I just decided to quit for the night. Then there are the absolutely epic fights where hundreds of players are all fighting at once.

#11 Posted by Anund (937 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

If we do see some content, I hope they have ironed out most of the bugs and performance issues they had in the beta. Obviously beta is beta, but now that beta is over that doesn't really fly anymore. We'll see, right? I just hate to see people have their first impressions soured on a potentially awesome game by launch issues.

Granted, I've only been playing since about the last week of beta, but what bugs and performance issues?

#12 Edited by NicksCorner (432 posts) -

I can confirm that the signup process is bugged.

On day 1 I signed up for an account. The site was very laggy and I got fed up and went to bed.

Day 2 I tried to log in, but a security feature prompted me to alter my password. Only I couldn't, since that can only be done once every 24 hours.

Day 3, I log in and try to change my password, it states I cannot use a previously used password (from the 1st day while waiting for server response) and now I cannot choose a new one.... since 24 hours hasn't passed yet.

Fuck!

#13 Edited by Mnemoidian (956 posts) -

Seems fine.

Logged in with my Sony Station account and played a couple of hours, no issues logging in or finding a server (though there seems to be some queues for some servers).

Had an issue with my keyboard locking up randomly at intervals, but turns out that was a Steam Beta issue that has apparently been fixed during the day (and may have been limited to Logitech G110 keyboards), so that's cool? Running pretty high settings without any real framerate issues... but I've not been running an FPS counter, so not really all that sure where it's at. Edit: Ran with FPS Counter on last night, mostly solid 60, dropping to 40-50 in heavy fire fights, with non-beta NVIDIA drivers.

Quite a lot of loading, but that's to be expected.

#14 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (608 posts) -

I bet we see a QL. I highly doubt a TNT. The game has been running super smooth for me.

#15 Posted by redefaulted (2802 posts) -

My only qualm with the game is the horrible optimization it seems to have in medium to large fire-fights on an ATI system. Other than that, though, the game is phenomenal and I hope people support it with their wallets. I would hate to see this game grounded due to lack of funding.

#16 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

We'll see something considering there isn't anything else coming out.

#17 Posted by Mnemoidian (956 posts) -

Looks like there won't be any coverage at all 'till earliest next week? Disappointing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.