Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlanetSide 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

PlanetSide 2 is the sequel to the 2003 MMOFPS PlanetSide from Sony Online Entertainment which remains one of the most notable and successful games in the genre.

(POLL) The inevitable Planetside 2 GiantBomb Outfit should be:

• 111 results
    xivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By xivia

Shit I am happy to see i am not the only one to pick based on the sic riff of nc.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Dezztroy

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

New Conglomerate is the only faction to be, they have sick guitar music.

This, basically. Also, screw space-nazis and alien-lovers.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By VisariLoyalist

This game really suffers from the problem of all the beta players already knowing how to stomp new people. No interest at this point after trying it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Giantstalker

@VisariLoyalist said:

This game really suffers from the problem of all the beta players already knowing how to stomp new people. No interest at this point after trying it.

I never played in the beta and I'm doing fine. I think the biggest issue is that the combat classes/vehicles really need a lot of certs to get going.

If you stick to support, medic/engineer, you can get tons of points from healing, reviving, repairing and handing out ammo. It really does help the team out. Plus the guns and occasional grenade do kill people, but I try to avoid head on fights (because I'll probably lose). I think this is the best way for new players to get into the game, unfortunately Planetside 2 does nothing to tell you this.

My biggest gripe is that 5-6 gunships can roll in and just completely destroy everyone with their cannons, meanwhile any anti-air costs like 1000 certs to buy (I've been playing 2 days and have 250). Absolutely nothing I can do about that, so I just leave or log off. It sucks.

ChibiKillstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By ChibiKillstick

Cant speak for Vanu, but I made a NC after playing TR for the entire beta, the NC guns are MUCH more satisfying to shoot, the unquantifiable fps "feel" is better with their guns in my opinon.

Also im playing on Matheson right now if anyone cares =]

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#106  Edited By ESREVER

Are there any GB focused outfits? I would prefer to roll with the New Conglomerate on Jaegar, but more importantly I just want to be part of a large outfit and get shit done. I like having orders and carrying them out. The GB community needs to be more organized about this game! Everyone seems scattered and doesn't seem like there is enough being done to rally everyone together.

Work together people! GB is the only "large" community I care to be involved with!

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I've messed with each faction a little bit, but I really will be happy playing anything as long as the GB community is behind it.

Greenshoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Greenshoes

To be honest I dont care which side i play for, I would just really like to see a giant gang of duders fighting together.

essi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#109  Edited By essi2

TR for LIFE!

wordfalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#110  Edited By wordfalling

Any TR on Jaegar? Or a Giant Bomb group anywhere?

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#111  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I've been running Terran on Connery (it's US West). If any other Bombers are there, shoot me a line so we can meet up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.