Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 18, 2014

Plants and Zombies are once again pitted against each other in this class-based third-person shooter developed by Popcap Games.

This is actually really fun.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Been playing on X1 for about 3 hours now and having a blast if anyone is interested in picking this up. Don't expect a deep shooter but for only $40 and something to play until Titanfalls it's worth it imo.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It was really smart of them to sell it at a discounted price.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

After reading a bunch of reviews and watching some footage I'm on board. I bought it off the digital games store and will download it once I'm done work for the day.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm interested in it, but I'll have to wait until it hits PS3/4. Nice to hear that it's good.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any word on the 360 version? I don't see any gameplay for it on YouTube. Wondering how it compares to the Xbox One version.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah after watching some reviews and footage, I'm excited to try it out when I get my Xbox One.

nicolasvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really fun indeed! If some other GiantBomb duders feel like having a go at some zombies with me, feel free to add NicolasVH on Xbox Live!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Yup, youre definitely not wrong, its really fantastic. If anyone wants to play some Garden ops add me at MrSackmanjones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So is it Trenched?

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's looked pretty fun from the gameplay I've seen on youtube. Even though its a discounted game, I think I'll still wait for it to go on sale.

MrDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really digging this game. I love a good class based shooter. Add me if you want to play. MrDurden48

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I have the digital Xbox One copy, and I can't get in any games. Matchmaking just sits, for both game modes. When I try to cancel, the cancelling notification sits forever, too. Anyone else having this problem?

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

playing a copy on the 360 I borrowed from work (not my primary place of enployment), and it seems fine. Oddly, no split screen in Garden Ops (horde mode) which is available on the Xbox One version. Other than that the 360 version is completely fine.

And yea, I'm having alot more fun with it than I thought I would. Kinda a silly, relaxed multiplayer shooter with some really goofy mechanics.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is the most Team Fortress 2 fun like I have ever had in a Console, love the deathmatch and rush mode... I'm not a big fan of horde modes myself.

stuff I like:

-Awesome Customization

-The grind feels OK, no micro-transactions, getting items doesn't feel to grindy

-Nice class based gameplay

-Game looks awesome (xbone)

-Actually kind of challenging

-Nice to have a lively colorful setting

Cool beans

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still feel like this game could've been like $20. Other weird shooters have been near that price or less (Gotham City Imposters, Hybrid, etc.), but it seems like EA gets to charge an extra $20 because they're EA.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By bigjeffrey

So, I have the digital Xbox One copy, and I can't get in any games. Matchmaking just sits, for both game modes. When I try to cancel, the cancelling notification sits forever, too. Anyone else having this problem?

Sounds like a EA game

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DonPixel

@bisonhero said:

I still feel like this game could've been like $20. Other weird shooters have been near that price or less (Gotham City Imposters, Hybrid, etc.), but it seems like EA gets to charge an extra $20 because they're EA.

As much as we like to bash EA, I'm still mostly playing BF4, now PvZ, and pretty sure I'll be playing lots of Titanfall. They do good games, what you gonna do about it?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

@bisonhero said:

As much as we like to bash EA, I'm still mostly playing BF4, now PvZ, and pretty sure I'll be playing lots of Titanfall. They do good games, what you gonna do about it?

I'm not really singling out EA, I just mean they're a large publisher, so this game is arbitrarily $40. Most other one-off weird multiplayer games of this scope would be much cheaper.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

@bisonhero said:

I'm not really singling out EA, I just mean they're a large publisher, so this game is arbitrarily $40. Most other one-off weird multiplayer games of this scope would be much cheaper.

How many weird-off mulitplayers games would you say have the same production values compared to PVZ?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bigsocrates  Online

@bisonhero: This.

I bought it. I have played some and while it is a good game there just isn't enough content to justify the price. It is one third less than Titanfall or Battlefield which both have immeasurably better production values and much more content (Battlefield has a whole single player campaign they made.) this game may sell to kids and people looking for something to play before Titanfall (I bought it) but a year from now it would be dead at $40.

On the other hand at least it is a good game that's fun to play. It could have been a total cash grab but they made a solid product. Just not enough of it to justify the price tag.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@donpixel said:

@bisonhero said:

@donpixel said:

@bisonhero said:

How many weird-off mulitplayers games would you say have the same production values compared to PVZ?

Counter-Strike Global Offensive is less than $30. Day Z is less than $30. Insurgency is less than $30. Dungeon Defenders is less than $15. Monday Night Combat and Super Monday Night Combat are both extremely cheap. Basically just go through Steam's Multiplayer Action games list.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Even on EA's site, there's no listed release date for PC. Any leads? Cheaper version that I'm sure will look sharper.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.