Steam achievement/ Cloud Save File issues

#1 Edited by Lukeweizer (2608 posts) -

Has anyone had problems with the achievements and cloud saves for the Steam version of PvZ (Game of the Year Edition)? Some of the achievements I've unlocked in-game, won't show up on my Steam profile and my PC (which was the first system I played it on) won't load my files after I played it on my Macbook. The Macbook files are fine, but I just get a "Failed to read files" message when I try to boot it up on the PC. Does anyone have a fix for either of these issues? Thanks!

#2 Posted by Lukeweizer (2608 posts) -

Don't mean to bring back the dead, but I'm STILL having this issue. Haven't been able to play the game on a PC in over a year. Anyone had any experience with this? Could anyone tell me how to just wipe my files and start over? I've un-installed and re-installed plenty of times but that hasn't made a difference. I've tried copying my user.dat and save.dat from my mac and dumped it in the game's local files, but with no luck.

I've been browsing the Steam forums for about an hour and have tried to follow some paths to save files, but my folders don't match up with what the posters are saying. I've found a Popcap games > PlantsVsZombies folder in my C drive > Programdata, but the folder is empty. Apparently there should be a save folder in the PvZ folder?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.