Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Plants vs. Zombies

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released May 05, 2009

Plants Vs. Zombies is an action-strategy tower defense-style game developed by PopCap that tasks the player with surviving an onslaught of the undead by growing plants on their lawn.

The 360 version

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Just played a little of the 360 version of PVZ and thought that the cursor worked really well for putting plants down.  What does of everyone think of this version of the game?  I really like it so far.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By amlabella

I never played it on the PC so I'm thinking about getting the 360 version. It seems like it'd control well on the console so I might as well go for it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I played the trial to see how it would work without a mouse and it seemed like a brilliant idea to put the cursor on the grid. I wasn't goign to buy it again but now im kinda tempted.
    BRG9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BRG9000

I'm confused, how does the "cursor on the grid" differ from controlling a mouse-like pointer with the joystick? That seems like the obvious choice and not necessarily "brilliant".

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed
    @BRG9000:
    well, it could have been that you just moved a pointer around the screen like a mouse and that would have been awkward. and instead it jumps from one block to the next really fast.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I was gonna go for it until I read that the multiplayer options are local only. More Arcade game multiplayer fail.

Scott Pilgrim
    Guardian of Light
    Plants vs. Zombies

Get with the fucking program guys.

Wodkaredbubu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wodkaredbubu

I really like the 360 Version so far. I was just wondering: does anyone know how to unlock the "Endless Survival"-Mode?

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By floodiastus
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    " I was gonna go for it until I read that the multiplayer options are local only. More Arcade game multiplayer fail.  Scott Pilgrim Guardian of Light Plants vs. Zombies  Get with the fucking program guys. "
    Local Multi is where it's at. Rather split a bong with a friend in the sofa than play anonymously online.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @floodiastus said:
    " @SteamPunkJin said:
    " I was gonna go for it until I read that the multiplayer options are local only. More Arcade game multiplayer fail.  Scott Pilgrim Guardian of Light Plants vs. Zombies  Get with the fucking program guys. "
    Local Multi is where it's at. Rather split a bong with a friend in the sofa than play anonymously online. "
    Excluding either option is a bad move on any Devs part and I feel equal amounts of frustration when local or online coop is excluded, never a reason you can't have both. I couldn't agree more about friends vs. Anons online, but when you're about 5hours out from most of your friends it doesn't do to make that drive nightly.
    floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By floodiastus
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    " @floodiastus said:
    " @SteamPunkJin said:
    Local Multi is where it's at. Rather split a bong with a friend in the sofa than play anonymously online. "
    Excluding either option is a bad move on any Devs part and I feel equal amounts of frustration when local or online coop is excluded, never a reason you can't have both. I couldn't agree more about friends vs. Anons online, but when you're about 5hours out from most of your friends it doesn't do to make that drive nightly. "
    Sure, but they are cutting it out for a reason (money, release dates etc) and I would rather have local coop any day over online coop. If its a 5 hour drive, just sit on the game til you have the opportunity to digest it properly :)
    Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Mighty

I thought GoL was going to have co-op

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad21fd3cb7d
    deactivated-5aad21fd3cb7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played pc either. Love the 360 version though. One thing I don't like is that you have to unlock all the extras! I am dying to play survival but it's still locked and I am on level 5 :P Local co-op works for me though, having lots of fun with it.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karl_Boss

I already have it on the PC so I won't be getting it for the 360

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    So true. Not that I don't absolutely love local multi-player, but we're paying for XBL for a reason.
    NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By NickLott

I really like that Sun currency and money get pulled into the cursor on the 360, I wish that was an option in in the pc version so we wouldn't have to click so much.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By BunkerBuster

I only played the demo on XBLA but I really hate how you have to use the bumpers instead of the triggers to switch plants. And how you have to hold B to de-root a plant instead of just clicking.
    So all in all I like the speed of the mouse better but they did a really good job fitting it to a console controller.

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Shasam

I, too, was pleased by the control options. I not only thought that it would be difficult to move the "pointer" around the map, but that I would have to use it to select the plants too (like the PC version). I think it works well, well enough that I managed to complete the game and all but one of the challenges. Challenges which, on PC, can run at quite a quick pace. You definitely don't get the same speed that you get with Mouse controls, but it's pretty darn close. They did a good job.

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By KimChi4U

Are the Michael Jackson Zombies in or out? If they're not in there, count me out.
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By groin
    @KimChi4U: They are in but they have a different sprite.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.