Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlatinumGames

Company »

The spirit of Clover Studio lives on in PlatinumGames, a development house started by ex-Clover employees.

Just got both Vanquish and Bayonetta.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Both have had amazing praise fucking everywhere, and I'm at a loss of which to start with. I love myself some Devil May Cry-like-over-the-top action, but I also adore fast paced shooters. Argh, this is painful.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

They're both amazing, but Vanquish is pretty short whereas Bayonetta is chock-full of content. I'd recommend playing through Bayonetta once, taking a break to play Vanquish (don't bother with Normal, go for Hard right away), and then going back to all you've got left in Bayo.

Bayonetta's director said that your first playthrough is kind of a warm-up run and that the real game starts after that, which I think is pretty accurate. There are tons of optional challenges hidden in levels, an unlockable, ridiculously hard arena mode, a secret boss fight, secret weapons, trophies for beating the chapters quickly and stylishly, and the higher difficulties actually change enemy layouts and put limits on your abilities instead of just increasing enemy HP and damage.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Well my gut told me to start with Bayonetta and so I did. I'm lost my touch with beat em ups though, my timing is bad and sloppy and I died quite a lot, and I'm still on chapter 3. Fucking ridiculous(ly) fun game, though.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Yeah, love Bayonetta. Not so much with Vanquish.(Never clicked with me)

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By 1p

They are both amazing. Bayonetta is the longer game.

Just toss a coin. Can't make a wrong decision here.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By napalm

There's a bit of a learning curve with Vanquish, mostly about situationally understanding how the mechanics work and how to use the systems. But, once it clicks, the game is pretty amazing, not to mention absolutely stellar music.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DelroyLindo

I absolutely loved vanquish. Hated Bayonetta though, I sucked at it 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.