The Platypus wiki last edited by fisk0 on 09/08/13 12:33PM
View full history
Platypus is a side scrolling shooter for the PC (released in 2002) and PSP (2006), whose graphics are done entirely in clay. The game is also different from other shooters in that weapon upgrades only last for a limited amount of time instead of permanently affixed to your ship.
There are five types of weapons in this game: (The latter four are obtained by finding a power-up star and shooting it until it becomes the color of your choice.)
- Basic fire - player starts with and reverts to this after a power-up has been depleted
- Auto-fire - obtained by collecting a blue star
- Wide shot - obtained by collecting a yellow star
- Rockets - obtained by collecting a red star
- Sonic Pulse - obtained by collecting a green star
BitRabbit ported the game to iPhone in 2008, and Escapist Games released Platypus on Xbox LIVE as an Indie Game in summer of 2009.
On every version of he game but the iPhone , the music featured in Platypus are Commodore 64 game soundtracks remixed by Commodore 64 music enthusiasts and composers.