Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Playbrains

Company »

Playbrains is a Canadian development studio that specializes in downloadable games.

Problems getting World Gone Sour (PC) running.

Sand_Ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I bought World Gone Sour (developed by Playbrains) for PC from GamersGate a couple of days ago and it downloaded, installed and activated without incident. But when I go to play it, the game hangs after the splash screens on the "Do not turn off your computer when this icon is displayed" screen immediately after that. I can hear the music, but nothing else happens and I have to bring up the Windows task manager to kill the application, which always shows the game's .EXE as "Not Responding."

I've tried running the game as administrator, changing to compatibility mode, re-downloading and re-installing, but nothing works. I know this is an odd place to ask for help with this game, but I haven't been able to find any sort of tech support for it. There isn't even a tech support page on the Capcom website for this game.

My system specs:

- AMD 4000+ dual-core processor

- 4GB memory

- GTX 460 video card

- Asus Xonar DG sound card

- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Any help would be appreciated. Every other game I have installed runs perfectly, so I don't know what the problem with this one is. Don't make me go and buy the console version! ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.