Is this a good deal for a ps2?

#1 Edited by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Hey Giant Bomb I was looking into PS2's since I never bought one when they were relevant so I want to get one to play all the exclusives and persona 4. I found a PS2 slim on Ebay for 60 bucks used with all the cords, two controllers, and 11 games. Is this a good deal for a PS2 or could I do better and if it is a good deal can you recommend any good games I missed out on. I already have a couple like shadow of the colossus, Ico, Dragon quest 8, Final fantasy 10 and 12, and God of war 1 and 2. Any help would be appreciated so thanks for the help.

#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5117 posts) -

That sounds like a good game. 
The ratchet series 
Jak 
Metal Gear

#3 Edited by Spoonman671 (4562 posts) -

That's not a slim PS2.

Also, I'm totally going to outbid you now.

EDIT: There doesn't seem to be much there for you if you're not into sports games.  Old sports games.  Otherwise, it's probably worth it.

#4 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos:  I forgot about Metal Gear, I was also going to look into that. Also if I hated the PSP Rachet games would I like the PS2 ones?
#5 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -
@Spoonman671: Sorry, I get those mixed up since they look like the same size to me.
#6 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" That sounds like a good game. The ratchet series Jak Metal Gear "
this, and the kingdom hearts series are wonderful too
#7 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

Probably shouldn't have put link. Maybe someone will by it before you. *Frantically goes to page and buys it* See, told you so.

#8 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5117 posts) -
@Brunchies: Same 3rd person shooting gameplay better controls.
#9 Edited by Brunchies (2484 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos: I don't think I'll like it then. I don't really find the 3rd person shooting fun in the Rachet and Clank games.
#10 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5117 posts) -
@Brunchies: sly cooper 
 Devil May Cry 3
#11 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -

You should link the eBay posting

#12 Posted by hedfone (1749 posts) -

since I never bought one when they were relevant

#13 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: link, now don't buy that even though you probably are going to.
#14 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -
@hedfone: They aren't really relevant anymore and I instead bought a Gamecube and Xbox since at the time the games they had interested me more.
#15 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -
@Brunchies:  Most of those non sports games are very good, I hope you didn't get it because you could probably find a better deal elsewhere
#16 Edited by dudeglove (7688 posts) -
@Brunchies said:

" Hey Giant Bomb I was looking into PS2's since I never bought one when they were relevant so I want to get one to play all the exclusives and persona 4. I found a PS2 slim on Ebay for 60 bucks used with all the cords, two controllers, and 11 games. Is this a good deal for a PS2 or could I do better and if it is a good deal can you recommend any good games I missed out on. I already have a couple like shadow of the colossus, Ico, Dragon quest 8, Final fantasy 10 and 12, and God of war 1 and 2. Any help would be appreciated so thanks for the help.

"

How old is the console?

Edit: Sorrry, yeah, the deal is pretty good. No memory cards?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.