Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Killer Deals on Amazon

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By roushimsx

Looking to pad out your PS2 collection with some solid games on the cheap? Amazon has a ton of good PS2 games moving at $20 or less right now (most from third party sellers, making them ineligible for the free shipping option :'( ):

• Ape Escape 3 - $18.79
    • Baroque - $19.97 (Rogue-like; YMMV, but I found myself surprisingly addicted to this baby)
    • Dokapon Kingdom - $19.97 (Heard mixed things, but the price is right for me to check out)
    • Dragon Quest VII - $19.99 (+ eligible for free shipping!)
    • Hot Shots Golf Fore - $10.49 (Worth it for putt putt mode alone)
    • God Hand - $14.79
    • Jak & Daxter - $9.99 (fun 3d platformer...not the best or most original, but fun)
    • Jak X - $9.67 (one of the best "kart" racing games yet)
    • Katamari Damaxy - $10.96
    • Kim Possible: What's the Switch - $9.67 (I know what you're thinking, and you're wrong. It's actually quite an excellent 2d platformer/beat 'em up)
    • King of Fighters XI - $9.97 (If you like 2D fighting games at all, then you owe it to yourself to try this baby)
    • Metal Slug Anthology - $17.79 (So what if 4 sucked and 5 was disappointing? It's all about 1, X and 3...and 6 is pretty damn good, too)
    • Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection - $9.67 (BLACK. KNIGHT.)
    • Resident Evil 4 - $13.79
    • Rogue Galaxy - $19.79
    • Shrek 2 - $10.76 (I wasn't interested until I found out that not only did Luxoflux develop it, but it's apparently pretty darn good!)
    • Sly Cooper - $9.99
    • Sly 2 - $14.99 (On my  list of top 5 3d platformers ever made + Eligible for free shipping!)
    • We Love Katamari - $19.99 (Finally, a price drop!)

Quite a few other cheapies up there worth looking into as well. Shame they're not all directly from Amazon (I love being able to get free shipping), but you may be able to stack some orders from the same seller to save a bit here and there.

Amazon will frequently mark down the prices of PS2 games without any warning, too. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories was only $19.99 a few weeks ago, for instance. Also, if you're not adverse to supporting the Greatest Hits line, there's a ton of great stuff available on it.
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By weltal

Nice. There are still a ton of games I'd like to own on the PS2, Baroque is pretty high on that list.

As for sales related things Gamefly is having a Year-End sale on all their used games including PS2. Some good deals there.

Edit: Speaking of Baroque, it's currently going for 7.99 at Gamefly.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Man, it's a shame I tried to play Okami the other day and my PS2 is dead. D:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.