1 million PS3's(Slim) sold in 3 weeks

#1 Edited by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -

I haven't seen this posted anywhere sorry if it was as I usually have bad luck even after searching of posting something not new. 

But apparently 1 million of those little things called the PS3 slim were sold within 3 weeks, and thats pretty awesome. 

___LINKY___

#2 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

Jesus H Christ. 

That is impresive
#3 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

That seems like the boost that sony needs.

#4 Edited by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
Im sorry PS3 Slim and ima let you finish, but Halo:ODST had one of the best launches of all time

In all seriousness this doesn't really surprise me, the slim is a much better value than the 360, im thinking of getting one my self.
#5 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

cool, i wouldn't think that it would happen. it is pretty impressive of 1 million units sold in 3 weeks.

#6 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

That and the price drop were very nice, but how come a PS3 is 299 and a PSP Go is 250?  I want a PSP Go but it's too expensive.  Always have to wait for a damn price drop with everything.

#7 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Yeah, I want one in a bad way. May I have more sir.

#8 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Bucketdeth said: Im sorry PS3 Slim and ima let you finish, but Halo:ODST had one of the best launches of all time  In all seriousness this doesn't really surprise me, the slim is a much better value than the 360, im thinking of getting one my self. "
It's supposed to be "I'm really happy for you PS3 slim, and ima let you finish, but..." 
#9 Posted by DeepVoiceMan (64 posts) -

sony should of made this system to begin with

#10 Posted by tedbear (62 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" I haven't seen this posted anywhere sorry if it was as I usually have bad luck even after searching of posting something not new. 

But apparently 1 million of those little things called the PS3 slim were sold within 3 weeks, and thats pretty awesome. 

___LINKY___ "
Sweet, more than twice the amount of Halo ODST games got sold in the first 24 hours !

and thats pretty awesome too
#11 Posted by Cramsy (1166 posts) -

The slim a damm good system. I don't feel like its going to explode like every time I power my 360

#12 Posted by Akeldama (4244 posts) -

and so it begins. 

#13 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
@tedbear said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" I haven't seen this posted anywhere sorry if it was as I usually have bad luck even after searching of posting something not new. 

___LINKY___ "
Sweet, more than twice the amount of Halo ODST games got sold in the first 24 hours !  and thats pretty awesome too "
1. Halo 3: ODST is not related to this thread in any way, shape, or form.
2. Halo 3: ODST costs $60, while the PS3 costs $300
3. Shitty flamebait, noob.
#14 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
@tedbear said:
" Sweet, more than twice the amount of Halo ODST games got sold in the first 24 hours !  and thats pretty awesome too "
Sweet, more than <insert irrelevant comparison here> !
#15 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

I found out about this in Econ class....which was interesting. 

Anyways, that sounds like good news.

#16 Edited by regularassmilk (1385 posts) -

That's fuckin' insane.

#17 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

BOUT DAMN TIME SONY!!!!

#18 Posted by eisenhorn2k7 (22 posts) -

hey sony would have sold so many more ps3's and maybe beaten microsoft  in consoles sold if the ps3 started at this price...

#19 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

There's one of that million sitting right next to me too.

*Hugs PS3 Slim*.

In other news: fantastic job by Sony. They've essentially relaunched the PS3. Which is crazy when you think about it. I've ragged on their marketing a lot in recent years, but I think SCE did a great job with the PS3 Slim.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.