Anonymous Hacked By One Of It's Own

• 89 results
#1 Posted by devil_spawn666 (133 posts) -

Main article from CNET UK.

Claims 'Ryan' performed a DDOS on Anonymous' servers and posted IP Addresses of many of it's users.

Moral, ALWAYS trust people named 'Ryan'

#2 Posted by N7 (3831 posts) -

My name is Ryan

:(

#3 Posted by 1337W422102 (1174 posts) -

>it's

#4 Posted by Sarkhan (1249 posts) -

And here's the list for all the internet police people. And yes, always trust people named Ryan^^

#5 Posted by FCKSNAP (2337 posts) -

I wouldn't.

#6 Posted by Enigma777 (6228 posts) -
@Snapstacle said:
" I wouldn't.

"
Heh
#7 Posted by devil_spawn666 (133 posts) -
@Snapstacle: LOL
#8 Posted by Nettacki (1332 posts) -

So...am I supposed to feel satisfied about this event?

#9 Posted by BestUsernameEver (5026 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @Snapstacle said:
" I wouldn't.

"
Heh "
Ehhh
#10 Posted by devil_spawn666 (133 posts) -
@Nettacki: I'll be satisfied when those responsible are made accountable for their actions and PSN is fully restored and secure. Until then, no not satisfied in the slightest. But, it's a good first step.

Something to be said for karma
#11 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1389 posts) -

Woohoo.

I dont know anyone called Ryan besides my cousin.

His mother's a liar and so is he.

Dont trust everyone called Ryan.

#12 Posted by devil_spawn666 (133 posts) -
@WoodenPlatypus: i guess there can be exceptions
#13 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1389 posts) -

@devil_spawn666: 
I seem to have exposed some serious family problems in my comment there.

#14 Posted by devil_spawn666 (133 posts) -
@WoodenPlatypus: not to worry, a lot of people have cousins and aunts, some of those cousins would be named Ryan. The chances of people identifying you and your family based on your comment are slim.
#15 Posted by foggel (2777 posts) -
@Snapstacle said:
" I wouldn't.

"
Kind of a spoiler though:o
#16 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1389 posts) -
@devil_spawn666: 
ah noo I wasnt worried about that. I was just commenting on how arkward my comment might sound when people read it :P
#17 Edited by luce (4056 posts) -
#18 Posted by Gertso (43 posts) -
@N7: It is a dark time for us. 
#19 Edited by N7 (3831 posts) -

So, what does this anti-Anon splinter group call itself? "Identified"?

@Gertso: Yes it is. :(

#20 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

The tables were sown and now that they have turned are ready to be reaped.

Or something like that.

#21 Posted by Jimbo (10217 posts) -

This is why you should always buy a Gateway Motion Sensor and a Gateway Self Destruct.

#22 Posted by EVO (4028 posts) -

Now this is the type of hacking I can get behind. Fuck Anonymous.

#23 Posted by onarum (2528 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" This is why you should always buy a Gateway Motion Sensor and a Gateway Self Destruct. "
Indeed, It's a shame to lose all those gigaquads of software and data though.
#24 Posted by Slaker117 (4856 posts) -

Heh. I don't really care about either side of this, but Internet drama is amusing.

#25 Posted by JTMosh (263 posts) -

I can't wait until people starting going down for this PSN thing. It's going to be very entertaining.

#26 Posted by EuanDewar (5148 posts) -
@EVO said:
" Now this is the type of hacking I can get behind. Fuck Anonymous. "
Wait a second, you are against anonymous so are glad to see them getting royally fucked but the person they are getting fucked by is from anonymous so...AHHHH PARADOX
#27 Posted by EVO (4028 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:
" @EVO said:
Wait a second, you are against anonymous so are glad to see them getting royally fucked but the person they are getting fucked by is from anonymous so...AHHHH PARADOX "
#28 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1713 posts) -

And this is worthy of news why?

#29 Edited by LackingSaint (1995 posts) -

That's kinda shitty, Anonymous is frankly a perfectly admirable activist group that supports alot of great causes and is able to do so specifically BECAUSE of the anonymity. It's really unfortunate some people seem to think they're some kind of TROLOLO hacker group dedicated to ruining everyone's day.

#30 Posted by EVO (4028 posts) -
@LackingSaint said:
" That's kinda shitty, Anonymous is frankly a perfectly admirable activist group that supports alot of great causes. It's really unfortunate some people seem to think they're some kind of TROLOLO hacker group dedicated to ruining everyone's day. "
Yeah, they support a lot of great causes; they just have a really shit way of supporting them. And if the past few weeks have been anything to go by they are dedicated to ruining everyone's day.
#31 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -

ITT: People think Anonymous are the ones who hacked PSN, when they aren't.

#32 Posted by Meowshi (2917 posts) -

Get that ITT shit off my forum.

#33 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

Anonymous isn't a group.

#34 Posted by Vonocourt (2175 posts) -
#35 Posted by devil_spawn666 (133 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" ITT: People think Anonymous are the ones who hacked PSN, when they aren't. "
They admitted to hacking PSN in retaliation of the GeoHot shit. They may never have claimed responsibility for this latest hack, but their hands are anything but clean in all of this.
#36 Edited by CL60 (17120 posts) -
@devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

They admitted to hacking PSN in retaliation of the GeoHot shit. They may never have claimed responsibility for this latest hack, but their hands are anything but clean in all of this. "
Yes their hands are clean of this.  It doesn't matter what some guy claiming to be anonymous says, all they do is DDOS attacks. Not straight hacking of servers and stealing of personal information.

@Meowshi: Your forums? lol..
#37 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5772 posts) -
@EVO said:
" @EuanDewar said:
" @EVO said:
Wait a second, you are against anonymous so are glad to see them getting royally fucked but the person they are getting fucked by is from anonymous so...AHHHH PARADOX "
"

#38 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5772 posts) -

Anyone claiming to be under the name Anonymous seems to suck so cool.

#39 Posted by Metal_Mills (3391 posts) -

How can you hack servers of anon? They aren't a group or a site. It's a bunch of random people across the internet.

#40 Posted by Meowshi (2917 posts) -
#41 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

They admitted to hacking PSN in retaliation of the GeoHot shit. They may never have claimed responsibility for this latest hack, but their hands are anything but clean in all of this. "
Yes their hands are clean of this.  It doesn't matter what some guy claiming to be anonymous says, all they do is DDOS attacks. Not straight hacking of servers and stealing of personal information.

"
How can you be absolutely sure that people that associate themselves with Anonymous aren't to blame?  By the very nature of Anonymous, if you claim to be a member of Anonymous and do something in the name of Anonymous, then Anonymous did it.
#42 Posted by devil_spawn666 (133 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @CL60 said:
" @devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

"
How can you be absolutely sure that people that associate themselves with Anonymous aren't to blame?  By the very nature of Anonymous, if you claim to be a member of Anonymous and do something in the name of Anonymous, then Anonymous did it. "
this
#43 Posted by luce (4056 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

"
"While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by themselves, AnonOps was not related to this incident and does not take responsibility for whatever has happened,"

#44 Posted by Gilsham (302 posts) -

if you think that the person/people that hacked psn will be affect by this then you really have no idea as to what anon is, also anyone on anonops without using a prozy is asking to be fucked by the internets

#45 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -
@devil_spawn666 said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @CL60 said:
" @devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

"
How can you be absolutely sure that people that associate themselves with Anonymous aren't to blame?  By the very nature of Anonymous, if you claim to be a member of Anonymous and do something in the name of Anonymous, then Anonymous did it. "
this "
No.. Anonymous wants attention. They didn't hack PSN, as I said Anonymous does DDOS attacks, not hacking. Somebody else did it, just because somebody hacked it and we don't know who doesn't automatically mean Anonymous did it... not every hacker in the world automatically = Anonymous. Especially when they are actual hackers, and not just people who DDOS shit.
#46 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -
@luce said:
" @CL60 said:

" @devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

"
"While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by themselves, AnonOps was not related to this incident and does not take responsibility for whatever has happened,"

"
Your proof of them doing it is Anonymous stating they didn't do it, but they aren't responsible for others..? 
#47 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @devil_spawn666 said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @CL60 said:
" @devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

"
this "
No.. Anonymous wants attention. They didn't hack PSN, as I said Anonymous does DDOS attacks, not hacking. Somebody else did it, just because somebody hacked it and we don't know who doesn't automatically mean Anonymous did it... not every hacker in the world automatically = Anonymous. Especially when they are actual hackers, and not just people who DDOS shit. "
You didn't answer my question.
#48 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @CL60 said:
" @devil_spawn666 said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @CL60 said:
" @devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

"
this "
No.. Anonymous wants attention. They didn't hack PSN, as I said Anonymous does DDOS attacks, not hacking. Somebody else did it, just because somebody hacked it and we don't know who doesn't automatically mean Anonymous did it... not every hacker in the world automatically = Anonymous. Especially when they are actual hackers, and not just people who DDOS shit. "
You didn't answer my question. "
Yes I did. I know it wasn't anonymous because they do DDOS attacks, not hacking, and not every hacker that happens to be anonymous(not the group) is part of the anonymous(The group). 

Just because something was hacked doesn't automatically mean anonymous was involved, especially when they aren't even hackers, they DDOS.
#49 Edited by luce (4056 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @luce said:

" @CL60 said:

" @devil_spawn666 said:

" @CL60 said:

"

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20061518-260.html#ixzz1LzTNOnUi    
"
Your proof of them doing it is Anonymous stating they didn't do it, but they aren't responsible for others..?  "
Read the article? Some Anonymous hackers are suspected to have used the DDOS attacks to further exploit Sony outside of the Anonymous"leadership". To say that "their hands are clean of this" is just stupid.
#50 Posted by Napalm (9230 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" The tables were sown and now that they have turned are ready to be raped. "
Now it makes sense. Shh. Just go with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.