Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Anybody elses' download speed been choked?

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Jaktajj

Heya guys,

Ever since this PSN problem (although, admittedly I haven't downloaded anything on my PS3 since beginning of april) my download speed has totally died, i've been trying to download a 432mb update for one of my games and the estimated time is 538 minutes! After an internet connection test, it estimates my download speed as 1.6mb, so i'm not sure what the shplitz is going on!

Anybody else having problems or is it my side?

jeff4moso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By jeff4moso
    @el_tajij: I'm pretty sure Sony has said they haven't reached 100% functionality yet.  That's probably why the speed it slow.  Be happy that you can get onto the store and buy things :-)
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Took like 4 hours to download Assassin's Creed II, so yeah, it's a bit on the slow side.

It's also a pisser that I have 2 PS3s and a Plus account, but I can only activate automatic downloads on one of my PS3s. Brilliant.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jazzycola

Yes but its to be expected considering the traffic they are getting(due to the welcome back program and well since its up) and that its still not 100%. It is irritating that It took 7 hours to dl infamous 2 demo but its better then getting absolutely nothing. When at the same time I can dl the Duke nukem forever demo in 20 minutes and its the same size as infamous 2 demo.

nnotdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nnotdead

always been slow over wi-fi for me. even though my PC and laptop is in the same area, the PS3 takes 3-5 times as long to download anything. i thought PSN was just slow, but when i hook up my PS3 through my PC it downloads much faster.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ShadowSkill11

No. My download speeds have actually seemed to increased since the PSN came back online. If you all are using routers did you bother to look at the instructions for your PS3 and port-forward the correct ports?

weavminas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By weavminas

It seems like updates may be served up by publisher servers. I have a Battlefield 3 patch, 1.5 GB, downloading in 5 hours, but I just got the RE 6 demo, 850 MB, at my typical ~1 GB / hour speed. This is Saturday night after Warfighter released and I have no other explanation.

I know this is an older thread but it seemed the appropriate place.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @weavminas PSN is always slow.
    djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By djou

I was having problems a few months ago, but I switched to a wired connection and its more than doubled my download speed. I expected a slight bump from the wired but was blown away by the increase. Not sure if this has to do with the PS3. My computer sits right next to the PS3 and the computer still uses wireless but in comparison the console was far slower connectivity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.