Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Are you kidding me, really?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By REforever101

ok, i accept that this is my fault

i knew that some ps3 models dont have bc, but still...

i never tried playing ps2 games on my ps3 until today. i just assumed i had a model that could do it because on the xmb it says ps1/ps2 save data manager (or something like that)

well, i tried, and it didnt work. why would it have the data manager if it had no bc?

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ltcoljaxson

Which model do you have?

40GB does not have B/C, but it has the same OS installed which has the PS1/PS1 Save Data Manager. There is no point of having an edited OS for the 40GB as it is more trouble updating firmware across all systems (I'd assume). Sony just wants a unified OS across everything. On the box of the 40GB it mentions that it is not Backwards Compatible.

80GB, 60GB, and 20GB are all B/C.

And don't you think this belongs in a blog?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.