Best PS3 Games of ALL TIME

#1 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -

Hi, ill be getting a PS3 Slim shortly. Can you guys give me the best games of PS3?? Ive got some:  

Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Infamous
Resistance 1 & 2
Unchartered Drakes Fortune    
#2 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Little Big Planet - if you like platformers.
also, Ratchet & Clank?

#3 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -
@jvsexy said:
" Hi, ill be getting a PS3 Slim shortly. Can you guys give me the best games of PS3?? Ive got some:  Metal Gear Solid 4Killzone 2InfamousResistance 1 & 2Unchartered Drakes Fortune     "
@zyn said:
" Little Big Planet - if you like platformers. also, Ratchet & Clank? "
All 8 of these games are a must play :)
#4 Posted by MonkeyGekko (278 posts) -

Definitely Ratchet and Clank (Best game franchise evah!). I liked Heavenly Sword every much as well

#5 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Jeez, all the games listed so far save for Little Big Planet involve a heavy dose of shooting mechanics. The same is true on the 360. WHAT HAS GAMING COME TO??? No wonder I'm not in the market for a PS3 

It's way too early for an "all time" list though. This shouldve been titled something more like "Best PS3 games SO FAR"

#6 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -

thanks dudes....some more games plz...ill also be getting Tekken 6 when it comes out on Oct 27. 
oh n AgentJ - ur kinda rite..i just needed best ps3 games...so list em' allllll !!!!!!!! 

#7 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Well, you can always get Metal Gear Solid 4....twice!!! It's worth it.

#8 Edited by Drebin_893 (2891 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4 
Flower 
Uncharted 
Noby Noby Boy 
Infamous 
Valkyria Chronicles.

#9 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -
Valkyria Chronicles is an acquired taste but in my opinion it's one of the best reasons to own a PS3.
#10 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4882 posts) -

MGS4  

/thread

#11 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
"Well, you can always get Metal Gear Solid 4....twice!!! It's worth it. "

lol...i played & ended the original MGS on the PS1 nearly 6 times !! it is my favorite game of all time !! MGS2 i played on my xbox, bt ddnt enjoy it tat much. bt i sooo wana play MGS4.
#12 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93 said:
" MGS4    /thread "
Exactly. MGS4 is the best game on the system in my opinion as well.
#13 Posted by Bigvic785 (120 posts) -

Lair

#14 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Not sure if the best but my favorite of the few I've played is Heavenly Sword

#15 Posted by DirtyFuture (73 posts) -

All the games you listed are great, but my personal favorite PS3 game is Uncharted

#16 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -
@jvsexy said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
lol...i played & ended the original MGS on the PS1 nearly 6 times !! it is my favorite game of all time !! MGS2 i played on my xbox, bt ddnt enjoy it tat much. bt i sooo wana play MGS4. "
are you skipping mgs3? cause i think it shouldnt be missed...
#17 Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93 said:
" MGS4    /thread "
#18 Posted by Lashe (1243 posts) -

MGS4 was disappointing. 

My votes go to Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3

#19 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -
@spankingaddict said:
" @jvsexy said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
lol...i played & ended the original MGS on the PS1 nearly 6 times !! it is my favorite game of all time !! MGS2 i played on my xbox, bt ddnt enjoy it tat much. bt i sooo wana play MGS4. "
are you skipping mgs3? cause i think it shouldnt be missed... "

I dont have a PS2.
#20 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -
@Lashe said:
"MGS4 was disappointing.   My votes go to Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 "

woowww....ur the very first person who has said that !!! MGS4 disappointing?????
#21 Posted by fugie7 (1105 posts) -

metal gear solid 4
little big planet
uncharted
killzone 2

#22 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

my favorites are little big planet and Ratchet and clank future TOD
#23 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Infamous
Killzone 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Uncharted
Little Big Planet
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank
MGS4 

All the games you NEED to play. I may have missed some, I listed those off the top of my head.

#24 Posted by Chaser324 (6253 posts) -
@SathingtonWaltz said:
" Infamous Killzone 2 Valkyria Chronicles Uncharted Little Big Planet Heavenly Sword Ratchet & Clank MGS4   All the games you NEED to play. I may have missed some, I listed those off the top of my head. "
Looks like a solid list. Those are pretty much the games that I want to get a PS3 for...except Heavenly Sword...I'll pass on that and just wait for God of War III.

Primarily, I just really want to play Valkyria Chronicles. Also, really looking forward to Heavy Rain. Those two games are probably the real reason I'll be getting a PS3 sooner rather than later.
Moderator Online
#25 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -
@Irishjohn said:
" Valkyria Chronicles is an acquired taste but in my opinion it's one of the best reasons to own a PS3. "
I agree, and shall add that it is the best reason to own a PS3.
#26 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -
@spankingaddict said:
" @jvsexy said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
Agreed - MGS 3 was amazing and shouldn't be missed. Save up 80 bucks, get a ps2 off craiglist, and play that game! Or maybe they'll eventually re-release it for PS3 - now that they're doing it with the God of War games.
#27 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Heavenly Sword was pretty good.

#28 Posted by EVO (3847 posts) -

Don't forget PSN:

• Everyday Shooter
  • PixelJunk Eden, Monsters
  • Shatter
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD, Fury
#29 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -
@Nate said:
" @spankingaddict said:
" @jvsexy said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
Agreed - MGS 3 was amazing and shouldn't be missed. Save up 80 bucks, get a ps2 off craiglist, and play that game! Or maybe they'll eventually re-release it for PS3 - now that they're doing it with the God of War games. "

I thought they starting from GOW2 ? If GOW1 then awesome..& i hope they release MGS3 on PS3..the keyword is HOPE...!! :)      
the new MGS5 will have Raiden in it !! that ninja guy !! was he the guy in MGS2 ???
#30 Posted by Toxin066 (3250 posts) -

How bout best Ps3 games of the past couple of years? :p

I think the thread is really complete. R&C:Future Tools, inFamous, Uncharted, Killzone 2 (my picks)....I keep seeing the same games repeated, so I think we've sort of come to a consensus.

#31 Posted by Hailinel (23671 posts) -

It's a little early for a BEST PS3 GAMES OF ALL TIME!!!!!1 list, isn't it?

#32 Posted by InFamous91 (931 posts) -

LittleBigPlanet, Resistance, MGS4, Infamous, Killzone, and  future all time PS3 game will be, God Of War 3 when it comes out

#33 Posted by DukesT3 (1888 posts) -

Burnout Paradise is a great bargain or Midnight Club: LA. Also Valkryia Chronicles is a great game if you wanna try some action/rpg, just check out the quick look here to see what its about. What else... uh... cant go wrong with street fighter 4 also. Unless if you just want exclusive ps3 then the games you came up with are pretty much it, but those are my two cents. Enjoy man! 

#34 Posted by SUBL1ME (116 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4

PS3 has tons of great games but without a doubt MGS4 takes the cake. If only every game had a 1/10th of the high production quality this game has. Well minus MGO and the entire Konami online structure but hey nobody is perfect right?

#35 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -

THANKS ALL !!! I got a pretty good idea now... i ddnt even know about Valkyria Chronicles. I'll give it a go..cheers all !!

#36 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Uncharted.

Anybody who doesn't agree is a dumbass.

#37 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I think it's Uncharted. It nails every element. That or flower.

#38 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" Jeez, all the games listed so far save for Little Big Planet involve a heavy dose of shooting mechanics. The same is true on the 360. WHAT HAS GAMING COME TO??? No wonder I'm not in the market for a PS3 "
Shooting games have always been prominent. Are you making it sound like shooting games are a new thing? I agree with what you're trying to get at, there's perhaps a lack of diversity these days - but come on, there's plenty of flower, Eye Pet, Noby Noby Boy, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles and Wipeout HD to go around.
#39 Posted by Tebbit (4447 posts) -
@get2sammyb said:
" I think it's Uncharted. It nails every element. That or flower. "
Flower! I completely forgot about that game :O 
It's so short, and yet worth absolutely every cent. 

+ What everyone else said above me. Aside from Lair. For the love of god don't buy Lair.
#40 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -
@DirtyFuture said:
" All the games you listed are great, but my personal favorite PS3 game is Uncharted "
Same here. 
Your list is pretty much done tbh. Motorstorm if you want a driving game aswell
#41 Posted by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.

#42 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@girdz said:
" @DirtyFuture said:
" All the games you listed are great, but my personal favorite PS3 game is Uncharted "
Same here.  Your list is pretty much done tbh. Motorstorm if you want a driving game aswell "
How could I forget?!? Pacific Rift is one of the best racing games on the PS3.
#43 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@jvsexy said:
" @Lashe said:
"MGS4 was disappointing.   My votes go to Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 "
woowww....ur the very first person who has said that !!! MGS4 disappointing????? "
certainly not the first at all.  
but i totally disagree, i loved mgs4. 
#44 Posted by n8 (264 posts) -

The only games I play on my ps3 are Persona 4 (I have BC PS3 (MGS4 bundle)) and Street Fighter 4...  

I have many of the others that have been mentioned in this thread.  But those 2 are still consistent winz0r for me.

#45 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Ha-ha, yeah I'm going to say P3 FES or P4 just to be a dick about it, because I think it's still too early to list a "greatest of all time" yet, too.  Favorite games?  Sure.  Recommended titles?  Absolutely.  Greatest Ever?  Not yet. 

#46 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@get2sammyb said:
" @AgentJ said:
" Jeez, all the games listed so far save for Little Big Planet involve a heavy dose of shooting mechanics. The same is true on the 360. WHAT HAS GAMING COME TO??? No wonder I'm not in the market for a PS3 "
Shooting games have always been prominent. Are you making it sound like shooting games are a new thing? I agree with what you're trying to get at, there's perhaps a lack of diversity these days - but come on, there's plenty of flower, Eye Pet, Noby Noby Boy, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles and Wipeout HD to go around. "
Valkyria Chronicles also features shooting as a heavy gameplay mechanic... So almost every worthwhile retail game is a shooter...

And no, shooting has not "always" been prominent. You'll find the odd Contra, Gradius, or Metal Slug back in the SNES/Genesis/PS1 days, and even in the N64 days you had little more than Perfect Dark and Goldeneye, but not a situation where almost every worthwhile game is a shooter. That is much more recent (see last gen)
#47 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -
@EVO said:
" Don't forget PSN:
  • Everyday Shooter
  • PixelJunk Eden, Monsters
  • Shatter
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD, Fury
"
I just want to say hear, hear.  My PSN collection is rather incomplete, actually, but I'm looking forward to changing that.
#48 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

The MLB The Show series deserves some recognition here. there is no contest here, MLB 09 The Show is hands down the greatest baseball video game. 

#49 Posted by j0rdan (211 posts) -

Motorstorm Pacific Rift
LittleBigPlanet
Killzone 2

#50 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -

Tekken 5 : Dark Resurrection ??
Hmmm....y didnt anybody say Ninja Gaiden Sigma cz Im waiting for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 !! 
Can somebody tell me the prices of these games in USA : 

Resistance 1 & 2 
MGS4 
Uncharted 
KillZone2 
inFamous 

Ya know just this year I knew that PS3 games are region free !!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.