Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Best third-person shooters for PS3?

• 90 results
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Morrow

@The_Nubster said:

@supamon: Borderlands is an FPS, not a TPS. Definitely a game that everyone should give a go, but it doesn't fall into what OP is asking for.

I actually have Borderlands, got the GotY from PSN some time ago. It is kinda fun, first-person is a put-off to me though. Have to try playing it again with auto-aim, didn't notice that option exists :D

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Rave

I just beat Max Payne and I really enjoyed the combat and graphics in it. It is something that you will likely need to take breaks from since battle fatigue will set in but it's a very good game. Also while recommending a rocksteady game I have to say Red Dead Redemption is a must play

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53  Edited By aurahack

Max Payne 3.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By WarlordPayne

I agree with everyone that said Mass Effect 3's combat is better than ME2. The shooting is better, there is more enemy variety, there are a ton more weapons and they are far more customizable, and the skills are more diverse more numerous and more customizable.

Don't let all the crap about the ending put you off ME3. The extended cut was a definite improvement and even without it the rest of the game was well worth playing.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Zekhariah

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine is great for not using cover and including a lot of melee. The world in it also feels like everything is really heavy (which is a odd descriptor, but it fits if you run around for a few minutes).

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By AlexW00d

I don't like third person shooters really, especially cover based ones, generally boring as fuck. But the ones where the emphasis isn't on shooting are the best. What I mean is, Gears of War is all about shooting, but Just Cause 2 isn't. So Just Cause 2, Saints Row 3, Space Marine? I don't have many in my Steam list. Alpha Protocol as people have said before for sho. Um, Alan Wake I guess, there is way too much shooting in it, but it's still a decent experience.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By supamon

@The_Nubster: My bad, I'm a blind bat. -_-

@Morrow: Sorry! I kept thinking FPS even though I saw Uncharted and MGS4 being thrown around. Brain fart or something I guess. To answer your question properly this time I'd say there's nothing wrong in giving the Uncharted series a try, I borrowed a friend's PS3 and played the second game and found it to be pretty good. Plenty of good suggestions already but of course that's up to your personal preference. Maybe try Red Dead Redemption? It's not an RPG but still has a great plot, lots to do and has auto aim too! =D

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By DeF
    BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BlackLagoon

@The_Nubster: Oh, you're thinking of the final battle, I was just talking about the last missions in general... Yeah, that one was a bitch on hard. But reading about it afterwards, there's apparently a door on the upper level that makes things easier for stealth / SMG / shotgun players. So even having S-ranked it, there's still plenty of stuff left in the game to discover, cemented my respect for Obsidian really.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mitsuko_souma

They aren't technically shooters, but it sounds like Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV would be right up your alley. 3rd person with auto lock on.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By phrali

vanquish. Best tps of all time. Play it now. There is also a super easy mode with auto lock on.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Morrow

@phrali said:

vanquish. Best tps of all time. Play it now. There is also a super easy mode with auto lock on.

A few people here mentioned Vanquish as being very good, care to elaborate what you liked about it? :)

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Morrow: I've got to say Vanquish as well really now that someone has reminded me of it. To be honest I didn't pick it up since it looked pretty generic on the surface but a I borrowed a friend's copy and yeah, the game's just pure fun. It feels nice and responsive, it's feels chaotic but in control and the action is really refined. The story isn't the main focus and it knows that but it's presented in that crazy Japanese way that makes it interesting to look at, speaking of which it's also a great looking game with it's large environments (and equally large opponents.) Essentially, it's a video game and not one that's trying to impress you with swanky cutscenes or anything.

So play it.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Morrow

@eroticfishcake:

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Sackmanjones

Wait... You haven't played spec ops? I thought I saw you all over the ending boards and such

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Morrow

@Sackmanjones said:

Wait... You haven't played spec ops? I thought I saw you all over the ending boards and such

Yeah :D

I read pretty much everything about it and watched all the cutscenes on YouTube. And I ended up having a videogame crush on Walker... ahem.

I will play it myself once I got rid of my backlog. My huge backlog.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By GunstarRed

Vanquish is one of the best shooters this generation and has the auto lock on in the easiest difficulty. You really can't be bad at that.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#68  Edited By MightyDuck

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was actually a pretty enjoyable Third Person Shooter. It may not be as tactical as the older games, but I still really enjoyed the campaign and especially the online co-op.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BlueLantern1995

All the Ratchet and Clank Games

All the Uncharted Games

Transformers: War for Cybertron

MonkeyPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MonkeyPunch

No mention of Bayonetta? That's an awesome game. Whether or not you enjoy the story is a matter of taste. I thought it was great, sometimes in a silly kind of way.

The gameplay on the other hand is undeniably great. Addicting stuff.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By NegativeCero

I would recommend Resident Evil 5. It doesn't really have RPG mechanics and it's not a traditional shooter, so it may be easier for you to stop and shoot zombies instead of running around looking for cover like in other shooters.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BlackLagoon

@NegativeCero said:

I would recommend Resident Evil 5. It doesn't really have RPG mechanics and it's not a traditional shooter, so it may be easier for you to stop and shoot zombies instead of running around looking for cover like in other shooters.

For the first five minutes maybe. Then you're drowning in zombies and if you're not good at shooters you'll quickly run out of ammo and die when the big guy breaks down the wall and cuts you in pieces. I know, I've been there. RE5 is a terrible choice unless he has a skilled co-op partner to play with.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Morrow

@MonkeyPunch said:

No mention of Bayonetta? That's an awesome game. Whether or not you enjoy the story is a matter of taste. I thought it was great, sometimes in a silly kind of way.

The gameplay on the other hand is undeniably great. Addicting stuff.

Huh? I played Bayonetta and there is no way that counts as a third-person shooter o.O

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By Hizang

I'm playing Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, there all fantastic.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deox

Vanquish is a lot of fun, despite the lame story. I still highly suggest you give it a try.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By handlas

popped in Red Dead Redemption for the first time in like ... a year maybe. Still the best game ever.

Red Dead. Screw the other games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

try

Dead Space 1

Max Payne 3 [fun gameplay, but too many/long cutscenes]

RDR has auto aim.

Red Dead Revolver PS2, its a fun shooter.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#79  Edited By procrasturbate

Sorry fellow gamers but those are all retarded answers, there is only ONE epic third person shooter on the market that's worth giving a damn...50 f*cking Cent: Blood on the Sand. Anything else's okay.

Avatar image for famileejulez101
    FAMILEEJULEZ101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By FAMILEEJULEZ101

My Favorites are Transformers: War/Fall Of(For) Cybertron, The Uncharted Series, The Naruto Series, And If You Have a PS2 Then The FMA (Fullmetal Alchemist) Series!!!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

bogusdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By bogusdd

I know its inferior in pretty much every way but i will always love Uncharted 1 more than its sequels (especially 3)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By Justin258

@famileejulez101 said:

My Favorites are Transformers: War/Fall Of(For) Cybertron, The Uncharted Series, The Naruto Series, And If You Have a PS2 Then The FMA (Fullmetal Alchemist) Series!!!

I saw some Youtube videos of the Full Metal Alchemist games and bwaughhh. Not to mention that it isn't even a third person shooter.

Just what the fuck is it with new users bumping old-ass threads? I mean, they're not even advertising anything. They just pop in, say something kind of on topic, maybe post a few more times, and run away. And it keeps happening. Is there some sort of concerted thread-bump going around the internet that I didn't know about?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By landon

Is your PS3 backwards compatible?

Then I suggest you play Psi-Ops.

Don't even need a backwards compatible PS3 for this, Psi-Ops and The Suffering were released as ad supported free downloads a couple of years ago.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By landon
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bulletstorm

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#87  Edited By sub_o

RE4 / RE5

Vanquish

Dead Space / Dead Space 2

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I'm guessing Gamespot users.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@famileejulez101 said:

I saw some Youtube videos of the Full Metal Alchemist games and bwaughhh. Not to mention that it isn't even a third person shooter.

I remember enjoying those games for what they are, but I'll happily consume any FMA content. The sidescroller for the DS is a legitimately great game though.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted 1 may not have been your bag but UC2&3 definitely improved the shooting mechanics. And both are among the best games on the system. Maybe even give UC1 another go. Its great but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who felt it wasn't for them. It was Naughty Dogs first effort in a style of game they were unfamiliar with, so its rough around the edges in ways that might turn some off. But Among Thieves and Drake's Deception really refined the gameplay significantly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.