Boy kills mother for taking his Playstation!

• 105 results
#1 Posted by EternalFox (29 posts) -
#2 Posted by FlyingRat (1445 posts) -

Oh great, Fox New'll have a field day with this one i'm sure.

#3 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

Oh great. I live outside Philly.
#4 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

Seen so many of those X kills Y for taking/cancelling Z stories that I'm not even all that shocked when another crops up.

#5 Posted by FateOfNever (1809 posts) -

That is pretty fucked up. 

#6 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

I can't even imagine doing that. How can someone actually go through with it to such a degree?

#7 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -
@FateOfNever said:
" That is pretty fucked up.  "
Do you happen to be a wizard as well?
#8 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -

When the hammer attack did not kill her, Anderson told police, he dragged her downstairs and tried to "cremate her" in the kitchen oven. When that failed, he continued, he beat her in the head with a chair leg before dragging her body outside and hiding under debris in an alley behind the house. 

WTF man!
 and then: 

"If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me."

What a messed up kid

#9 Posted by august (3825 posts) -
@Bwast said:
" @FateOfNever said:
" That is pretty fucked up.  "
Do you happen to be a wizard as well? "
I got this covered.
#10 Posted by FlyingRat (1445 posts) -

Holy Shit... Had not actually read the article yet. That's... incredibly messed up.

#11 Posted by DougQuaid (1271 posts) -

When the hammer attack did not kill her, Anderson told police, he dragged her downstairs and tried to "cremate her" in the kitchen oven. When that failed, he continued, he beat her in the head with a chair leg before dragging her body outside and hiding under debris in an alley behind the house.

That is so fucking savage and gross it's almost beyond belief.
#12 Posted by Romination (2774 posts) -
@Onno10 said:
"

WTF man!
 and then: 

"If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me."

What a messed up kid

"
That last at least hints at deeper psychological problems than "I MISSED MAH PLAYSTASHUN"
#13 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

That is just wrong with that kid I hope he gets what he deserves.    
#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13132 posts) -
#15 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

That is beyond horrific.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (13132 posts) -

There's obviously something else wrong with the kid, if he thought he could cremate his mother in the kitchen oven. Video games didn't teach him to be that psycho.

#17 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

That is horrifying. Truly fucking atrocious. 

#18 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

D:

#19 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

But PS3 haz no gamez!

#20 Posted by BaneFireLord (2908 posts) -

This kid needs to be locked up forever.
#21 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -

Kendall Anderson.
#22 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@TooWalrus said: 

" There's obviously something else wrong with the kid, if he thought he could cremate his mother in the kitchen oven. Video games didn't teach him to be that psycho. "

Yeah, the article fails to mention that he had already been going to a disciplinary high school and was a troubled kid.  But that's what happens when you link articles from a news source with the word "Inquirer" in it. 
#23 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

It only does murder... Seriously though replace Playstation with something else this kid might have been attached to and he would have done the same thing. But I'm sure if the news picks this up they'll have a field day saying the Playstation taught little Billy how to kill.

#24 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

Due to the amount of times I've seen news like this, I'm not surprised. Unfortunately, I am disgusted that someone could go through with such an action upon a member of their family. That kid shouldn't be offered to be locked up forever. At the age of 16, he's old enough to face the chair, right? I just know Fox News are going to love this story though, and they'll likely pin it upon a popular shooter - I'm guessing Call of Duty: Black Ops. While capital punishment is pure punishment, and offers no rehabilitation, I'm of the mind some people don't deserve the chance.

#25 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Blame games all you want, but this kid obviously has mental issues of some sort. Thats not to say that games did not amplify those issues at all, however. 

#26 Posted by Gonmog (580 posts) -

That sucks. Can't even think of how messed up here must be... hope he gets help where ever be goes.

#27 Posted by Kieran_ES (258 posts) -

Boy kills mother for inciting deeper psychological issues. This is disturbing stuff.

#28 Edited by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I feel bad for the boy, he obviously has some deep deep psycological issues.

#29 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@FlyingRat said:
" Oh great, Fox New'll have a field day with this one i'm sure. "
So there's something wrong with you, socially. Someone died and you're concerned with press coverage. You have a personality disorder. Get help.
#30 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I suppose  the retard didn´t think the hole thing through, cause guess what? you don´t get a ps3 in prison moron.  
Still the last two paragraphs of that story are hilarious.

#31 Posted by Lukeweizer (2588 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Seen so many of those X kills Y for taking/cancelling Z stories that I'm not even all that shocked when another crops up. "
He did try to cremate her in the kitchen oven... that's a new one.
#32 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@salad10203 said:
" But PS3 haz no gamez! "

#33 Posted by dprabon (314 posts) -

I nearly threw up.  So sick.  This kid needs to be executed.

Just to make a point they should hit him with a hammer till he is almost dead then cremate him alive in a slow heating oven!!!

#34 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Holy shit, I feel sorry for both the mom and the kid.

#35 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

As much as I appreciate everyone on the internet becoming a master psychologist when a story comes out like this, fact is his stated motivation for killer her is this. They're just reporting the story. And as usual, most of the hits they get from this story will be from angry gamers who then wonder why these stories keep popping up as they link to it at various other game forums.

#36 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4252 posts) -
@Unchained said:
" That is horrifying. Truly fucking atrocious.  "
Yes it is. And rather then let it go or try to comfort the family, some demented asshole will use this to try and further his/her crusade against video games and/or any other scapegoat they can find.
#37 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

Poor woman, yeah the kid was probably mentally ill but he seemed to be well aware when he beat her with a hammer and then wanted to CREMATE HER BODY in an oven.

#38 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
" @salad10203 said:
" But PS3 haz no gamez! "

"
cracks me up each and every time
#39 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" As much as I appreciate everyone on the internet becoming a master psychologist when a story comes out like this, fact is his stated motivation for killer her is this. They're just reporting the story. And as usual, most of the hits they get from this story will be from angry gamers who then wonder why these stories keep popping up as they link to it at various other game forums. "
It's a vicious cycle but that's how this goes.
#40 Posted by FlyingRat (1445 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" So there's something wrong with you, socially. Someone died and you're concerned with press coverage. You have a personality disorder. Get help. "
You know what, fuck you. I'm so sick of you shitting on fucking everybody on these forums. I know you hate life. Go cut yourself or something, but leave the happy people who like to do something in life besides bitch at everything alone.
#41 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @FlyingRat said:
So there's something wrong with you, socially. Someone died and you're concerned with press coverage. You have a personality disorder. Get help. "
I'm not trying to be a dick here, I genuinely want to know...are you just perpetually crusty?
#42 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@audiosnag said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @FlyingRat said:
So there's something wrong with you, socially. Someone died and you're concerned with press coverage. You have a personality disorder. Get help. "
I'm not trying to be a dick here, I genuinely want to know...are you just perpetually crusty? "
Yeah, I'm totally being an empathy troll right now by not making this story about some imagined Fox News coverage I secretly hope happens so I can bitch about it. 
#43 Posted by krystians (402 posts) -

Game over for the kid.

#44 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @FlyingRat said:
I'm not trying to be a dick here, I genuinely want to know...are you just perpetually crusty? "
Yeah, I'm totally being an empathy troll right now by not making this story about some imagined Fox News coverage I secretly hope happens so I can bitch about it.  "
Oh cmon now, it was a pretty innocuous statement, surely not worth accusations of a mental disorder. It's not like the media doesn't pull that crap all the time. No need to get all personal like. You two hug and make up.
#45 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @FlyingRat said:
Yeah, I'm totally being an empathy troll right now by not making this story about some imagined Fox News coverage I secretly hope happens so I can bitch about it.  "
People are murdered every day.  

The entire basis of this being brought up on the forums was the Playstation angle.

No disrespect to the victims of course, but this is a video game forum, not the obituaries.
#46 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

they should lock this kid up.  phsycos are naturally born with insanity (dont trust what i said cause i got that off of Criminal MInds...) so they shouldnt give him any slack. 

#47 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (754 posts) -

That's some pretty horrific shit. Hope the kid gets what he deserves.

#48 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

Kid doesn't deserve to live.

#49 Edited by Xeiphyer (5593 posts) -
@Onno10 said:

"

WTF man!
 and then: 

What a messed up kid

"
Exactly. 

Stories like this never have anything to do with the object or reason. Some people are simply mentally unbalanced, or as we in the biz like to call it; "Fucked up".
#50 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

What a piece of fucking trash - lock his ass up for ever, shit like this makes me sick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.