Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Can your username be changed?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Hey! I haven't seen this, but is there anyway to change my username on the PSN without losing all of my trophies, etc.?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I don't believe so. I think the only way to get a new name is to just create a new one, but I also don't know how trophies exactly work. Are they tied to your PSN name, or you regular PS3 profile?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Kush said:
    "I don't believe so. I think the only way to get a new name is to just create a new one, but I also don't know how trophies exactly work. Are they tied to your PSN name, or you regular PS3 profile?"
    They're tied to your PSN name.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "They're tied to your PSN name."
    Then I would believe you're screwed if you want to change your name. Unless things have just changed you can only get a new name by creating another account.
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AaronBelfast
    Kush said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "They're tied to your PSN name."
    Then I would believe you're screwed if you want to change your name. Unless things have just changed you can only get a new name by creating another account."
    Yeah, Kush is right. You have to make a new username if you want a new name.
    lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lantus
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "Kush said:
    "I don't believe so. I think the only way to get a new name is to just create a new one, but I also don't know how trophies exactly work. Are they tied to your PSN name, or you regular PS3 profile?"
    They're tied to your PSN name."
    I think Trophies are tied to Users, not PSN accounts, but I could be wrong.
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AaronBelfast
    lantus said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "Kush said:
    They're tied to your PSN name."
    I think Trophies are tied to Users, not PSN accounts, but I could be wrong."
    Its your PSN account.
    Avatar image for somethingsaurus
    Somethingsaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Somethingsaurus

I'm fairly certain that trophies are tied to the local user account, seeing as it warns you that you'll lose your trophies if you try to delete an account. Also, I read somewhere (I think on ps3trophies.org's forum) that  if you create a new PSN account and then compare your trophies with a friend (while not in a game), the trophy information on your user account will then be associated with that PSN ID and stored both locally and on the PSN.
    Unfortunately, I can't test this out to give you confirmation - as I have no games with trophies in. But regardless of if it is true or not, it'll in no way hurt to try. After all, if it doesn't work you can always go back to your old PSN ID.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.