Can't download game patches.

#1 Posted by ANYMAN (11 posts) -

I just bought a jailbreaked ps3, formatted and reverted back to latest original firmware to play games online. My connection is fine. I can sign in to PSN, download games and everything but the patches won't download. It gives me 80710092 error which means it can't connect to psn but as i said before i can sign in with no problems. I'm so confused please help me.

#2 Posted by mikey87144 (1807 posts) -

@ANYMAN said:

I just bought a jailbreaked ps3,

That might be your first problem.

#3 Posted by Zelyre (1275 posts) -

Sony will ban consoles that are jailbroken, just an FYI. Even if you reverted to stock, it was probably already banned from the previous owner.

#4 Posted by Rafaelfc (1463 posts) -

now you know why it was so cheap

#5 Posted by StoffInator (150 posts) -

As said above, jailbreak is probably the reason.

#6 Posted by ANYMAN (11 posts) -

But i can download from PSN just fine. If it is banned how can i still browse the store and download demos etc

#7 Posted by ANYMAN (11 posts) -

Turns out i have a shitty router. Solved the problem by using my pc as a proxy. I can now play online games with my 100$ ps3 YAY

#8 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@mikey87144 said:

@ANYMAN said:

I just bought a jailbreaked ps3,

That might be your first problem.

This might be his only problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.