Convince me to buy a PS3!

• 68 results
#1 Posted by PentaCube (61 posts) -

I currently have about 1000 dollars burning through my pocket.  I have a passion for 2 things; games and guitars.  You tell me why I should spend that money on a new tv and a playstation 3 instead of a brand spanking new guitar...and...GO!

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

First before I give you any reasons, do you have an Xbox 360?

#3 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

Because the PS3 is easier to play?

#4 Posted by francesthemule (155 posts) -

Buy a guitar.

#5 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Hey you should buy a PS3.

Only joking!

You should steal one.

#6 Posted by Tsupu (13 posts) -

Convince me to convince you to buy a PS3.

#7 Posted by Radar (904 posts) -

You don't actually want one if you can't convince yourself to get one.

#8 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

Convince me to convince you to convince me to convince you to by a PS3.

#9 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Radar said:
" You don't actually want one if you can't convince yourself to get one. "
This.
#10 Posted by PentaCube (61 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" First before I give you any reasons, do you have an Xbox 360? "
Yes sir I do.

@francesthemule said:
" Buy a guitar. "
I have another forum trying to convince me of that already.

@Radar said:
Dude...deep...

#11 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@PentaCube said:
" @JJOR64 said:
Dude...deep... "
It's not deep, it's the truth.
#12 Posted by PentaCube (61 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @PentaCube said:
" @JJOR64 said:
Dude...deep... "
It's not deep, it's the truth. "
That's even more deep... To be honest though, it's mostly because I am torn between the two options, I'm looking for input on both sides of the fence.
#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You already have a guitar. Oh, and also, The Beatles Rock Band. Not that it's exclusive or anything...

#14 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3101 posts) -

HEY! You, buy one.

#15 Posted by 71Ranchero (2829 posts) -

The guitar could get you laid(maybee). 

#16 Posted by PentaCube (61 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:
" HEY! You, buy one. "
done.  Thread is over people, move along.
#17 Posted by Karn (690 posts) -

*raises hand*

Oh damnit...

#18 Posted by CarsChasingDogs (38 posts) -
@Radar said:
So true.
#19 Posted by Altered_Confusion (197 posts) -

Buy the guitar, unless you want to have a blu-ray player that on occassion you'll get to play games on.

#20 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -

Games? Blu-rays? Music? It's hard to convince someone you don't even know to choose which thing(s) they would be better off with.

Do you already have a guitar, and if so how big of an improvement would the new one be?

#21 Posted by MrGetBonus (784 posts) -

I don't know how to play a guitar so you should by a PS3.

#22 Posted by MatthewMeadows (588 posts) -

Do it

#23 Posted by CarsChasingDogs (38 posts) -
@MrGetBonus said:
" I don't know how to play a guitar so you should by a PS3. "
I lol'd
#24 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

You already have a guitar, but you don't have a PS3. Someone who's really good at playing the guitar doesn't need a fancy guitar to make good music, you know it's true! So practice your guitar playing and buy yourself a PS3! Problem solved =) You'll have some great games to play and you'll still have your guitar!

#25 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I should not have to

#26 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Galiant said:
" You already have a guitar, but you don't have a PS3. Someone who's really good at playing the guitar doesn't need a fancy guitar to make good music, you know it's true! So practice your guitar playing and buy yourself a PS3! Problem solved =) You'll have some great games to play and you'll still have your guitar! "
False, a good guitar goes a long way.
#27 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Galiant said:
" You already have a guitar, but you don't have a PS3. Someone who's really good at playing the guitar doesn't need a fancy guitar to make good music, you know it's true! So practice your guitar playing and buy yourself a PS3! Problem solved =) You'll have some great games to play and you'll still have your guitar! "
False, a good guitar goes a long way. "
A good guitar does not a better guitar player make =/
#28 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Galiant said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Galiant said:
A good guitar does not a better guitar player make =/ "
Again...a better guitar can go a long way..you're talking like a guy who doesn't even play guitar.
#29 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I refuse to convince anyone to buy it if they are under the age of 18. 

18+ is ok tho'

nah i'm not being serious, buy a PS3 or don't, I don't care. I bet I wouldn't even notice if 400.000 more players joined the PSN let alone 1 extra person.
I've got enough dudes to play with
#30 Posted by wibby (269 posts) -

NEVER

#31 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

If you need convincing you probably aren't interested enough to warrant a purchase of said product. Still, I'll give my personal pros and cons:

Pros: Reliable, Bluray, free online service, excellent media support.
Cons: Expensive, Not too many interesting games if you own a 360, online service isn't as good as the 360's, but still not bad.

#32 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

Buy the guitar and be full of regret.

#33 Edited by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
@guiseppe: In case you missed it, expense is not an issue except that he can only afford one of the two things he's interested in. He's conflicted on which to buy and needs convincing to buy one over the other.

EDIT: This was also directed at others who claim if he needs convincing then he doesn't really want one.
#34 Posted by Jeffrey (119 posts) -

Xbox360 Xbox Live Zune Video Natal

#35 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

If you need convincing, you obviously don't want one, so don't get one. Perhaps you should just save your money for a rainy day?

#36 Posted by Shermanator (187 posts) -

I don't know, because they play games and bluerays?  free online play?  cool downloadable games?  fat princess coming out this week

#37 Posted by LiquidPrince (16171 posts) -

Buy one.

#38 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

Its got great games and plays blu-rays, what more convincing do you need?

#39 Posted by demonbear (1877 posts) -

Dude there is not a day that goes by, that i dont say out loud, and my girlfriend can confirm this, that i love my fuckin ps3. Its my dvd player, its my bluray player, its my divx player, its my game console, its the very best thing i've ever plugged on my HDTV.

BUT

If you look at the ps3 specs and you dont feel like you have to own that mofo right now? Just buy a guitar and be on your way.

#40 Posted by ki11tank (683 posts) -

i just bought one, gets here in a couple days and it's gunna be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#41 Posted by Meptron (1113 posts) -

PS3 has folding @ home, so you could do the entire world a great service by curing cancer in your spare time.

#42 Posted by Champy (533 posts) -
@Tsupu said:
" Convince me to convince you to buy a PS3. "
DUDE YOU SHOULD!!
#43 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

Can I convince you to buy me one?

#44 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Galiant said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Galiant said:
Again...a better guitar can go a long way..you're talking like a guy who doesn't even play guitar. "
I can have an opinion that's different from yours and still play guitar, you know.

Okay, let's put it this way: If I had the choice between buying a PS3 or a new and better guitar, I would buy a PS3 (assuming I didn't have one already). My old Peavey guitar and amp still does the trick and buying a new guitar wouldn't change much for me. Since the topic creator's two passions are games and guitars, I'd heartily recommend a PS3 if only for all the content he would otherwise miss. A new guitar really doesn't add that much to the table when compared to an entire new console with the library of games that includes.
#45 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Judging from your Icon, maybe you can wait and see what happens when Final Fantasy XIII is released. 

If the PS3 version is better than the X360 version, then there you go :p 

#46 Posted by Tebbit (4485 posts) -

Get one!!! For Shatter alone.
And Fat Princess, and Wipeout HD. And then all those old skool games that people still buy on the "diskular format"

#47 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Galiant said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Galiant said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Galiant said:
Again...a better guitar can go a long way..you're talking like a guy who doesn't even play guitar. "
I can have an opinion that's different from yours and still play guitar, you know.Okay, let's put it this way: If I had the choice between buying a PS3 or a new and better guitar, I would buy a PS3 (assuming I didn't have one already). My old Peavey guitar and amp still does the trick and buying a new guitar wouldn't change much for me. Since the topic creator's two passions are games and guitars, I'd heartily recommend a PS3 if only for all the content he would otherwise miss. A new guitar really doesn't add that much to the table when compared to an entire new console with the library of games that includes. "
That's not an opinion...a better guitar sounds 100x better then a shitty one and gives you an overall better sound. That's like saying a wal-mart guitar will sound the same as a Gibson Les Paul Standard.
#48 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

HELP ME, HELP YOU!

ive never touched a console but for some reason i like the X360 more. if i get to buy a console now i'd pick the x360
#49 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

Buy the guitar. Playing the guitar, regardless of how bad you are, can get you laid. Playing video games, regardless of how good/bad you are, can not.

#50 Posted by Joey2683 (377 posts) -

How  about you save the money for something important in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.