Do you think Sony will sell the MGS4 bundle through the holidays?

#1 Posted by Lone_Ranger (3 posts) -

I for one am hoping they are because of the fact I still have to pick up another(sold my 40gig), the only reason I want the 80 gig is because of the free pain game, 4 usb slots, and the card readers. 

So do think Sony will be smart and keep it through the holidays, or be foolish and drop it before?

#2 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
Lone_Ranger said:
"I for one am hoping they are because of the fact I still have to pick up another(sold my 40gig), the only reason I want the 80 gig is because of the free pain game, 4 usb slots, and the card readers. 

So do think Sony will be smart and keep it through the holidays, or be foolish and drop it before?"
i think they'll keep it. if not they will have another one like r2 or socom bundle. there are alwas deals online of getting a ps3 2 games a extra controller and stuff like that :P
#3 Posted by DrPepper1990 (530 posts) -

they should becasue a lot of ps3's will sell this christmas

#4 Posted by DrPepper1990 (530 posts) -

they should becasue a lot of ps3's will sell this christmas

#5 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I'll assume they will, unless they want to make more room for LBP/R2 etc bundles.

#6 Posted by Blazer74 (186 posts) -

If they are smart they will.

#7 Posted by blue74 (169 posts) -

might just be only 80gb core

#8 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Weren't they getting rid of the BC 80GBs this fall, replacing it with a non-BC 80gb model? What does that mean for the MGS4 bundles if they do? Do they just replace the models and continue selling the bundle?

#9 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I don't think so. Since the new 80GB Skus are now going to be replacing both the 40GBs and old 80GB Skus, as far as I know the new 80GB Skus with no backwards compatibility will be the only version of the PS3 that will be available, unless they announce another SKU... If they do, I will go crazy because all these different versions are just confusing consumers.

#10 Posted by DoctorTran (1545 posts) -

It'll sell until sold out.

#11 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Theres a new 160GB as well as a new 80GB, they'll stop selling it soon I guess.

#12 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -

OH CRAP.....I meant to quote myself but I accidentally deleted!  *facepalm*.....but no I could have swore they would have announced a LBP Bundle today during their conference...I guess not.

#13 Posted by BlackJedi (255 posts) -

Wasn't there a rumor that they were coming out with a 120 hard-drive during that time or is it still just a rumor? But to answer the op's question, that would be really nifty if they did but I think that was a limited supply bundle.

#14 Posted by Vitefish (439 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid is a great reason to buy it. But the Pain game sucks really bad. I have it.

#15 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

they will probably have a Little Big Planet pack thing.

#16 Posted by Vitefish (439 posts) -

Is anyone ready to shell out $800 for a guitar hero world tour ps3 80 gb package?

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (15851 posts) -

They will probably keep it going past the holidays.

#18 Posted by Lone_Ranger (3 posts) -

NVM guys, I just bought an 80 gig bundle with MGS4.  Im covered, now I have 2 copies of MGS4. 

#19 Posted by LilBew (79 posts) -
#20 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -
I'm going to pick up the Uncharted bundle this November (I want that 160gb HDD).
#21 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

Hell I'm still hoping I can find one now, I want to pick one up after my birthday in two weeks and would either want to get the MGS4 bundle or track down a used 60GB somewhere. I don't want to get either the 40GB or the new 80 at all.

#22 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -
BlackJedi said:
"Wasn't there a rumor that they were coming out with a 120 hard-drive during that time or is it still just a rumor? But to answer the op's question, that would be really nifty if they did but I think that was a limited supply bundle."
There will be a 160GB Uncharted bundle later this year.
#23 Posted by Ironhide (146 posts) -

They probably won't Package one with LittleBigPlanet because it is not a known franchise or game, the reason why they are bundling Uncharted is because it sold well, same thing with Motorstorm. Something that is quite likely is that there won't be another one this year, because this 160 hard drive bundle is coming out in November. Sony is better off not announcing a new SKU.

#24 Posted by LoZone (148 posts) -

they should keep going what is in demand,  if they want the MGS 4 bundle keep giving it to them until it hits the wall.

#25 Edited by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

Is the MGS bundle running the 90 or the 65nm?
Anyone know?
Also... are all new 80gig packages running the 65?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.