Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Getting a PS3 within a week, need advice on good online games.

UMDTERPSFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UMDTERPSFAN

Ok I got rid my XBOX 360 and all the games for it.  I am tired of the poor customer service and the RROD.  What games are popular online right now for PS3? (besides WOW).  I like games that have replay value and good online play.  Rainbow 6 vegas 2, COD WOW, MOD 4, and Battlefield Bad Company were the games I played heavly online.  Are any of those popular online for PS Network?  What Warhawk and Resistence 2? BTW I will get Kill Zone2 that's a gemme.

Thanks for the help!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tekmojo

I'm digging Skate 2. Maybe you should look at that.

UMDTERPSFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UMDTERPSFAN

I played Skate and wasn't particularly impressed, I used to play tony hawk in the day, but I have lost interest.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Since you enjoyed Batlefield, you may enjoy Warhawk. There are many people who still play it.

LittleBigPlanet is a must, along with the upcoming Killzone 2. Skip Resistance 2, it's not that fun. (In my honest opinion.)

You seem to be a shooter fan, but try other things out. Maybe pick up Civilization Revolution. I still play that game after all this time. 

If you're into racing games, try Wipeout HD.

I hope this helps. Good luck man.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

LittleBigPlanet will keep you coming back for AGESSSS. You might not ever sit down and spend an evening just playing it but... by jove you'll come back. If only to play a couple of new levels you'll come back. It's brilliant like that. You don't just play it and be done with it because it's constantly changing.

Contrary to TheJollyRajah I like Resistance 2 (feel kinda bad because I recommended it to him :\). The single player is pretty dumb but it's the online where it shines. Particularly co-op. That's worth the price of the package alone in my opinion. Skip it if you don't like FPS' much though.

I hate Warhawk but everyone says it's brilliant. I find it really irritating and the learning curve FAR too steep but like I said, there are a LOT of people who love that game.

Wipeout HD is BRILLIANT but the servers are pretty empty these days. I still recommend it though.

Killzone 2's going to be the big PSN flag-waver. Try the demo when you get your PS3 from the European PSN.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum

You seem like a big shooter, so Killzone 2 is obviously up your alley. Probably Resistance 2 as well, to compensate for the co-op-less KZ2. You also seem to be an online-focused gamer, so I would go with the recommendation of Little Big Planet, strictly online.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

COD4
    Resistance 2
    Killzone 2 (soon)
    Warhawk

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pibo47

Warhawk...kz2...and R2...that about it, unless you dont have COD4.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Cerza

Warhawk, Resistance 2, COD 4, and Little Big Planet. That's pretty much it.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

LBP and COD4, but to he honest im kinda bored with LBP and haven't touched COD4 in months, can't wait till killzone 2

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo
    UMDTERPSFAN said:
    "Ok I got rid my XBOX 360 and all the games for it.  I am tired of the poor customer service and the RROD.  What games are popular online right now for PS3? (besides WOW).  I like games that have replay value and good online play.  Rainbow 6 vegas 2, COD WOW, MOD 4, and Battlefield Bad Company were the games I played heavly online.  Are any of those popular online for PS Network?  What Warhawk and Resistence 2? BTW I will get Kill Zone2 that's a gemme.

Thanks for the help!"
    World of Warcraft was on PS3 huh, who knew.
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    Vinchenzo said:
    "UMDTERPSFAN said:
    "Ok I got rid my XBOX 360 and all the games for it.  I am tired of the poor customer service and the RROD.  What games are popular online right now for PS3? (besides WOW).  I like games that have replay value and good online play.  Rainbow 6 vegas 2, COD WOW, MOD 4, and Battlefield Bad Company were the games I played heavly online.  Are any of those popular online for PS Network?  What Warhawk and Resistence 2? BTW I will get Kill Zone2 that's a gemme.

Thanks for the help!"
    World of Warcraft was on PS3 huh, who knew."

he meant World At War moron.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vinchenzo
    LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "UMDTERPSFAN said:

Thanks for the help!"

he meant World At War moron."
    World At War = WoW? Soooo... World On War. Thanks, I'm a complete moron.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pibo47
    LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "UMDTERPSFAN said:

Thanks for the help!"

A lil angry are we?
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    Vinchenzo said:
    "LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "UMDTERPSFAN said:

Thanks for the help!"

World At War = WoW? Soooo... World On War. Thanks, I'm a complete moron."

well, i think he made a mistake, don't need to be a smart ass about it
    squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By squirtle_squad

most  indefinately steer away from socom: confrontation that game is horrible.
    I am a huge fan of socom but this is just trash there are too many little gameplay issues that add up and you just cant take it.
    its very frustrating, this game had sooo much potential. still part of me believes that it still does, but for now its not worth the 60 bones.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vinchenzo
    LiveOrDie1212 said:
    Smart ass? You called me a moron. If you hadn't made a mistake, I would have acknowledged I was wrong. I totally forgot WaW came out (I avoided it since I only buy IW CoDs).
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    Vinchenzo said:
    "LiveOrDie1212 said:
    Smart ass? You called me a moron. If you hadn't made a mistake, I would have acknowledged I was wrong. I totally forgot WaW came out (I avoided it since I only buy IW CoDs)."

ok, well whatever, sorry for calling you a moron if it really offended you
    CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CactusWolf
    Vinchenzo said:
    " World At War = WoW? Soooo... World On War. Thanks, I'm a complete moron."
    I couldn't help but laugh at this for some reason.
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By chililili

Get Burnout Paradise for 20 bucks on the PSN and resistance 2 is great (the co-op multiplayer is). LittleBigPlanet is pretty cool too. You should give MGS4 a try, althoughI don't know how metal gear online is these days

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BigBoss1911

COD : World at war
    COD 4
    resistance 2

UMDTERPSFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UMDTERPSFAN

Thanks for the advice everyone!  Do people play Battlefield or Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on PSN network?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By FrankCanada97

Lots still play Battlefield Bad Company on PSN

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    UMDTERPSFAN said:

Thanks for the help!"
    Same thing I did last summer, and I haven't been happier. PS3 is just fucking awesome. 
    Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Qorious

Resistance 2, LIttleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, Burnout: Paradise, and WipeOut HD.

Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#26  Edited By Shadow71

I think I have more blu ray movie suggestions then video game suggestions, but otherwise:

Killzone 2 coming out, Metal Gear Solid 4, Littlebigplanet, Socom Confrontation, Star Wars TFU
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I can't wait til your PS3 breaks out of its 1 year warranty.  What a waste of money to trade out an entire console & games & go re-buy all that crap for the new console, except for the awesome 360/PC exclusives. It's ridiculous. All because you can't handle 15 minutes on the phone to order a replacement?  I pity you.  What's more, it'll be fun when the next best set of games come out for the 360 & you can just enjoy the pictures of it.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#28  Edited By tearhead

CoD 4
    CoD WaW
    Resistance 2
    Killzone 2... two more weeks :D

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheJollyRajah
    Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "I can't wait til your PS3 breaks out of its 1 year warranty.  What a waste of money to trade out an entire console & games & go re-buy all that crap for the new console, except for the awesome 360/PC exclusives. It's ridiculous. All because you can't handle 15 minutes on the phone to order a replacement?  I pity you.  What's more, it'll be fun when the next best set of games come out for the 360 & you can just enjoy the pictures of it.
    "
    Dude, shut up.
    UMDTERPSFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By UMDTERPSFAN
    Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "I can't wait til your PS3 breaks out of its 1 year warranty.  What a waste of money to trade out an entire console & games & go re-buy all that crap for the new console, except for the awesome 360/PC exclusives. It's ridiculous. All because you can't handle 15 minutes on the phone to order a replacement?  I pity you.  What's more, it'll be fun when the next best set of games come out for the 360 & you can just enjoy the pictures of it.
    "
    Costco's is my extended warranty,.  You an bring it back whenever you want to (used, broken, whatever), even 5 years from now.
    shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By shambles

if u can find Uncharted for cheap u should check that out .. not online but one hell of a game.. also dead space another great single player experience...if u haven't tried it on 360..  assuming ur into 3rd person shooters...

i would of suggested Warhawk.. .cause it was (in my opinion) the best online game for PS3...but as previous poster suggested  it has a really steep learning curve .. also the devs aren't gonna be updateing anymore .. as i read they may be working on a sequal..

little big planet is a good choice.. that game never ends ...also can't go wrong with burnout paradise either.. tons of trophies  to get u hooked on those... also keep an eye out for upcoming exclusive psn titles...  a little gem yet to come out ...fat princess...

but killzone2 should curb ur appetite for fps online play.. 2 more weeks folks.. ye ye

LoZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By LoZone

Little Big Planet, MGS IV, Resistance 2, Motorstorm PR,  and Killzone 2.

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shimbibby

Definitely COD4, and Killzone2 looks unbelievable. (R2 didnt quite grab me like the first one did)
    If you like racing, I find Motorstorm pacific rift to be up there with the best /most fun racing games ever made. Burnout paradise is crazy fun online and a great crashing/ just screw around with friends game.
    LittleBigPlanet never seems to get old. Search for Most Hearted and the levels are awesome!

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gesi1223

Seems like no one has mentioned GTAIV?

I haven't played GTAIV online in a while, but is it dead on the PS3? From what I remember though it is a fun game online I think.

(I know the OP had a 360, but maybe he didn't have GTAIV.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.